Oceanview Guarantee???

ltprn

Have booked a Christmas surprise for DH - 5 night W. Caribbean on the Zenith sailing January 23,2006! This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. We have sailed Carnival and Princess.

I have booked an Oceanview guarantee (CAT Y) due to the low price. Has anyone ever booked this category?

What did you end up with???

Any words of wisdom for this ship for a Celebrity first-timer would be welcome!

We are not into a lot of activities - just like to sit back and relax during a cruise! We love sailing!

Can someone who has sailed the Caribbean in January tell me what the weather will be like??

Thanks in advance!

Look at it this way. The lowest oceanview category is deck nine where the obstructeds are located. I looove these cuz they are always up in the middle of the decks. If you get the next level category you have an unobstructed view but you end up way down on deck four, the Florida deck. Here you get your exercise or wait for elevators. If I were you I would pray for the deck nine obstructed views but either way you will do okay. At least you're not inside and there is always a chance they will give you a nice assignment since it seems most companies do when you are new to their line. They want to make you happy.

I am sailing the Zenith a month after her refurb so look for my review.

Rita

Look at it this way. The lowest oceanview category is deck nine where the obstructeds are located. I looove these cuz they are always up in the middle of the decks. If you get the next level category you have an unobstructed view but you end up way down on deck four, the Florida deck. Here you get your exercise or wait for elevators. If I were you I would pray for the deck nine obstructed views but either way you will do okay. At least you're not inside and there is always a chance they will give you a nice assignment since it seems most companies do when you are new to their line. They want to make you happy.

I am sailing the Zenith a month after her refurb so look for my review.

Rita

I'm on the Zenith 12/19. We booked Inside GTY (@300pp!!) and got the lowest oceanview category tat Gypsea was talking about. I'm very happy about this. It's close to everything, lets some light in, and deck 9 is being refurbished as we speak. You'll probably get something unobstructed I'd imagine since you paid for an oceanview. Maybe we just got lucky though, I dunno.

We booked an oceanview gty for our upcoming cruise, paying for the lowest priced oceanview and got a three category upgrade to Deck 8 on Galaxy.

Last cruise we booked an inside gty for the absolutely lowest price and ended up in an obstructed oceanview on Horizon.

So far we have been very lucky and know at any time that luck could change.

Book the guarantee, but be sure you will be satisfied with the lowest possible category of cabin.

Check my post "Zenith first time....cabin opinion?" Currently on page two.

Sailed the Zenith August 2005.

Had guaranteed inside, got upgraded to guaranteed outside. It was quite an experience to be two cabins from the front of the ship on Deck 4. At sea level!!!

It the weather is rough. You can't sleep.

Dont ever book a guaranty if you think you might want to add another person to the cabin. If you do they charge you full price for all of you. I'm going thru this nightmare right now. Cost me $1000 more for the third person and that is with a downgrade If I kept the same cabin they wanted $2000 more. See "celebrity ripoff"

Yes I was well aware of that fact. This positively was not the case in my circumstance, I would not have questioned a case like that.

I know there are only so many passengers allowed on board even if all the cabins arent rented. I've been running boats at sea for 30 years so I'm pretty much up on the regulations.

This was a case of we got your money. Like it or leave it

Thanks for all of your help CC friends!

I just checked "My Celebrity" and I have been assigned a Cat. 6 Un-obstructed Oceanview Cabin # 4034 on the Florida Deck - mid ship.

Being that a Cat. 6 is selling for $500.00pp and I only paid $350.00pp I can say that I am happy. Don't care much for being on the bottom deck, but it could be worse!

I called Celebrity and was told that this was an UNOBSTRUCTED view and that the 2 beds COULD be placed together as a queen. (There are some OV cabins with beds shaped in an "L" position that CAN NOT be placed together!) DH would NOT like this!:eek:

Who knows, maybe the Upgrade Fairy will hit before we sail!

Check my post "Zenith first time....cabin opinion?" Currently on page two.

Sailed the Zenith August 2005.

Had guaranteed inside, got upgraded to guaranteed outside. It was quite an experience to be two cabins from the front of the ship on Deck 4. At sea level!!!

It the weather is rough. You can't sleep.

YIKE!!!!! I just booked two quad cabins (this coming May to Alaska) on the bottom of Infinity ship near the front of ship.....

Last Alaska trip we were booked two quad cabins in the back of ship on bottom. Yes, it was rocking the first two nights! Just hoping that the upgrade fairy will visit us!

Archived