Need More Advice

adelle

We were hoping to take the Taste of Key West walking tour but it is sold out while we are in Key West. If we created our own taste of Key West walk around, what would be your recommedations of 4 - 6 places to get a taste of items unique to Key West. I think the actual tour provides tastes of conch fritters, key lime pie, coconut shrimp, mango salsa, and mahi-mahi fingers.

Thanks for your help.

Adelle

I found this online:

"The Taste of Key West

A Taste of Key West is a guided walking tour featuring all that Key West is famous for: beautiful gardens, historic buildings, our enchanting seaport and of course, the food! Tour stops include: Kelly's Caribbean Bar, Grill & Brewery, Fogarty's, Kermit's Key West Lim Shoppe, Pepper's of Key West, and the famed Schooner Wharf Bar."

I would think Margaritaville would also be a "must see".

Hope this info helps.

Gail

Just stroll down Duvall Street. This will allow you to see / taste all the major bars.

Margaritaville is about 5-6 blocks down.

Irish (Kevins?) bar is also a good time, singer who makes jokes.

Key lime factory is also must on street behind the Irish bar.

I also recommend renting scooters and just cruise around Island.

I recommend the Cuban sandwich at El Mason De Pepe and then go to the Blond Giraffe for chocholate covered frozen key lime pie on a stick..............

YUMMO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Let it thaw a few minutes, it tastes much better once it starts to thaw.

dondonma

In the interest of scientific research ;), I have tried both the Blond Giraffe and Kermit's frozen, chocolate dipped key lime pie on a stick and I think Kermit's is far superior. Of course, quality control is also important so I intend to make a spot check at Kermit's when we visit KW on Tuesday on Enchantment of the Seas. I will post a report upon my return.

Archived