MS Amsterdam

lynn2002

I read somewhere on this board that next year the Amsterdam will have some upgrades. Does anyone know what these will be?

I am particularly interested in the TV's. I will on the Eurodam this summer and they had the large flat screen TV's which you could select movies from. Some of the movies were quite new and we would enjoy watching a movie inbetween activities etc. We also liked the fact that if we did not get to the end of the movie we would go back to it later and it would start where we finished watching the last time.

I read somewhere on this board that next year the Amsterdam will have some upgrades. Does anyone know what these will be?

I am particularly interested in the TV's. I will on the Eurodam this summer and they had the large flat screen TV's which you could select movies from. Some of the movies were quite new and we would enjoy watching a movie inbetween activities etc. We also liked the fact that if we did not get to the end of the movie we would go back to it later and it would start where we finished watching the last time.

I would imagine that the ability to select (and rerun) movies, has little to do with "large flat screen TV's" and is only concerned with the electronic system sending the signal to the various cabins. If the signal is present in a cabin, it can typically be shown on whatever TV (flat screen LED or Cathode Ray Tube) is mounted in that cabin.

Scott & Karen

I would imagine that the ability to select (and rerun) movies, has little to do with "large flat screen TV's" and is only concerned with the electronic system sending the signal to the various cabins. If the signal is present in a cabin, it can typically be shown on whatever TV (flat screen LED or Cathode Ray Tube) is mounted in that cabin.

Scott & Karen

I think what the OP is describing is the new upgrades in the Eurodam allowing movies to be accessed on the interactive TV's vs getting a DVD in the Front Desk to view as on many of HAL's ships that have yet to be converted. The new TV's are much larger and wall mounted vs in the desk. Not sure when the Amsterdam will be converted, the Eurodam and Oosterdam plus the new Koningsdam have the changes announced in November 2015. We just got off the Princess Regal and they have those TV's and are very nice. Hope Amsterdam changes soon as we're looking at the 14 day Alaska Explorer in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what the OP is describing is the new upgrades in the Eurodam allowing movies to be accessed on the interactive TV's vs getting a DVD in the Front Desk to view as on many of HAL's ships that have yet to be converted. The new TV's are much larger and wall mounted vs in the desk. Not sure when the Amsterdam will be converted, the Eurodam and Oosterdam plus the new Koningsdam have the changes announced in November 2015. We just got off the Princess Regal and they have those TV's and are very nice. Hope Amsterdam changes soon as we're looking at the 14 day Alaska Explorer in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, that is what I meant but you explained it much clearer than I did! I am also doing the 14 day Alaska cruise at the end of July 2017. Very excited about it as have never been to Alaska before.