Camp Carnival ???

RYPERO

I am contemplating bringing my 8 year old niece with us on our cruise on the Pride in December and was wodering what Camp Carnival hours are and if they have any evening supervision?? Any other Camp Carnival tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

I was on the Pride in May 2004. If I recall correctly, the hours are 9:00am to Noon, 2:00pm to 10:00pm. These are all free (no cost). From 10:00pm to 1:00 or 2:00am it is $5 or $6 per hour.

The kids seem to really enjoy Camp Carnival. There is a meeting set for the first night after dinner, which gives you a chance to meet the staff and will give your niece a chance to meet other children who will be attending Camp Carnival.

With Carvinal, nine year olds and up can sign themselves in and out. Eight and under need an adult to sign them in and out. You will receive a beeper if your child is under nine years old, in case the staff has to get a hold of you.

Camp Carnival is forward on deck five. The restaurant is at the rear of the ship. The ship is over 950 feet long. Bring good walking shoes.

All five of us had a great time! :)

The hours for the 6-8 yr old group are 9am - 12 noon, 2-5pm and 7-10 pm. You must pick up your kids for lunch. They do have dinner for kids as an option in the Lido Deck buffets.

After hours from 10pm - 3am is available for $6.00 per hour for the first kid, or $10.00 for two kids. This rate is pro-rated by every 15 minutes... so If you picked up a child at 12:15, you would be charged 2.25 hours or $13.50. It gets charged on your sail and sign card.

Be sure to go to the Camp Orientation the first night!

Catrin

Our kids have been on three cruises, the last one on Carnival and in every case they have had a blast! It is a little bit of clock watching, with all the pick-ups and drop offs, but our kids wanted to be at camp every possible minute. It is nice when the kids get a little older and can sign themselves in and out, but till then it's still not a big deal. Our kids were 10 and eight on the cruise this past April and an hour into Orientation on the first night they had already made friends for the week. Our son still talks to a friend he made on the cruise about once a month or so.

Know I am confussed again, A few weeks ago I thought I saw a thread that said kids can or can't stay during lunch? We have plans on taking the older one cave tubing, so I called Carnival and checked on board and they said you can leave ship for day and over lunch. ? By the sounds here we must? have someone return and fed him lunch. , A simple answer please, ;) do the rest go tubing for day and I must return at lunch? from 12-2 p.m. thanks in advance

We just got off the Victory on Sunday my kids had a blast!! we would drop them off right after dinner and pick up up at 10 and sometimes 11!!

They are 6 and 10 ...my son loved the Harry Potter night!!

The orientation is a must....it is on the first night!!

any questions let me know...

Don't forget to take her on the last night they get a cute gift!

Archived