Ship time vs Island time

Gator83

I will be in St. Maarten in November. With the change in daylight savings time, does that effect the ship times vs island time in St. Maarten? Does the ship time change after departing Florida? I ask because some private,excursions talk about a pickup time as island time so i am trying to figure out the timing. I want to get as much time on the island as I can.

Thank you

• 5 weeks later...

We just got back today. The island is one hour ahead. We were told by the ship to go by their time only. If you take a phone it will automatically update to their time but you must remember ship time. This is critical to know because if you book an independent excursion they are probably telling you their island time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would ask this question on the specific cruise line board although you may not get a definitive answer there either. Some ships stay on ship time while others change to local. We have had it happen both ways.

Your other option is is to ask the tour operator. If they deal with cruise passengers a lot they are often the best resource to know which ships/lines operate which way.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk