RCCL Ovation November 23, 2016 Hong Kong

marcgoohs

Hello fellow LGTBQ cruisers. My partner and I will be sailing Nov 23, 2016 from Hong Kong to Singapore aboard this new ship. We are a married couple, mid 40's from Clearwater Beach, Florida celebrating our 5th anniversary.

Would love to start a group chat with other travelers on this cruise and see what everyone has planned for the ports of call.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We will be on this cruise too. Couple from Singapore. You intend to stay in HCMC overnight on the 27 Nov ? We are searching for transportation - Phy My port to HCMC on 27 Nov and return on Nov 28. So far, the lowest quote I gotten is USD 130 (two trips) + USD20 per person port fee to allow the driver to come inside the port to pick us and drop us inside the port on the return trip. It is a car for 3 person and 3 luggage. Bigger car cost most.

Any other quotations you have beside the one which RCL quoted USD450 for 6 person just for the trip on 28 Nov ?

Regards

Orlando

Hi Orlando,

Yes, we would like to stay overnight in HCMC and looking for others to share the ride expense. The quote we got was from RCCL and is insured and guaranteed. We would definitely be interested in saving money with reputable transportation and/or shared ride.

Marc

Hi Marc

We may go with this company http://www.vietnambudgetcarrental.com/ where we were quoted USD130 for a car for 4 persons.

27 Nov 9.00 am - pick up at Phu My Port gatet and drop off at HCMC

28 Nov 1.30 pm - pick up at HCMC and drop off at Phu My Port gate.

We were told by them that it is a 5 to 10 min walk from pier to the port gate. This short walking distance information was also mentioned in 3 posts in this forum.

We are still discussing on other details and payment mode for the deposit of USD55 to confirm the deal.

Regards

Orlando

Edited by tumbletot