Thomson Majesty. Back in Livorno today

My nephew is currently on Majesty. They left Livorno last night bound for Corsica, after 3 hours ship had to return to port. Apparently a fire in the Generator caused a problem. Been in Livorno all day, missed Corsica, Marseille tomorrow is cancelled, and autorities due onboard to discuss alternative itinerary. Speculation that they will miss Barcelona also and go straight back to Palma. Its our nephews first cruise, so hoping it hasn't put him off cruising again.

Yes she is still on Livorno! Not the best of ports to spend 3 days in!

I wonder if Thomson will refund the passengers? When one of Fred's ships had a similar problem they refunded the cruise in full and gave them another cruise.

Personally, I can't see Thomson/Tui doing the same :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We heard from our Nephew yesterday to say that the problem had been fixed and they were now sailing to Barcelona. Very disappointed in their cruise, but couldn't be helped and Thomson have offered compensation to them. They looked at it that they were all safe, warm and fed, yes they missed ports but things happen. All sorted. Have a good cruise.

My nephew is currently on Majesty. They left Livorno last night bound for Corsica, after 3 hours ship had to return to port. Apparently a fire in the Generator caused a problem. Been in Livorno all day, missed Corsica, Marseille tomorrow is cancelled, and autorities due onboard to discuss alternative itinerary. Speculation that they will miss Barcelona also and go straight back to Palma. Its our nephews first cruise, so hoping it hasn't put him off cruising again.

Was on that cruise, we were drifting for over 6 hours, no lights just emergency lighting, Coastguard was with us, it was shambolic, they didnt offer anything, as like before your debit card is registered, they just paid two amounts back on the card, it wasnt compensation. No one had a choice, if they think it is a way of getting out of sorting out this mess i think they are delusional. Raw sewerage overflowing from public toilets, cant believe there was no back up for the toilets, people were ill and yes there was a rumour the Norovirus was on board and the yellow flag was flying. We left at 13.30 after a day and a half in Livorno and sped full speed in rough seas to Barcelona missing two visits out. Third cruise with Thomsons the other 2 went well, but it takes something like this to expose their shortfalls and believe me there are many, will never cruise with them again, third rate and i am being generous.

• 1 month later...

Thomsons are playing this down. I was on board and haven't received compensation yet, offered £160 pp. I was traumatised after smelling the smoke and seeing all the employees on board running down stairs with their oxygen and not being able to understand what the Captain was saying.

Nothing through yet, had 2 emails say they are looking into it, we are now preparing for legal action. They are crap no doubt about that, we shall see where this ends up, I don't care about exposing the shambolic display, sure the video of the toilets over flowing will embarrass them at least, along with a few other little gems, maybe Watchdog is a good move.:mad: