Shuttle bus for Diamond princess at Laem prabang to Pattaya or at phu my to ba ri

Janj27

I am going on a asian cruise on 29/11 and am trying to book some excursions. I have read a few times that there is sometimes a shuttle bus provided by the cruise. Is there anyone who has been on the diamond princess recently who knows about this? I have read that there is one from Laem Prabang to pattaya and also one from Port Phu my to Ba RI . Can anyone confirm??

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

I am going on a asian cruise on 29/11 and am trying to book some excursions. I have read a few times that there is sometimes a shuttle bus provided by the cruise. Is there anyone who has been on the diamond princess recently who knows about this? I have read that there is one from Laem Prabang to pattaya and also one from Port Phu my to Ba RI . Can anyone confirm??

I think you mean Laem Chabang.

Indeed, there certainly was a shuttle between Laem Chabang and Pattaya Central when I was there on Sapphire in April. I have a condo just outside of Pattaya at Wongamat Beach and so know the area. There are still some major roadworks on the main highway that can slow down transit time at peak hours (should take about 35 minutes but allow up to an hour) and certainly on a weekend if that is when you are there. I am sure that the shuttle will be operating on your cruise and you will doubtless have the opportunity to pre-book this prior to arrival and this operates throughout the day. Even if there is no shuttle, you can simply take a taxi between Laem Chabang and Pattaya that would take about 30 minutes each way.

We booked a tour on a fishing boat. It was great. Went out ans saw islands and fished if we wanted. For lunch the guy brought up lots of things from the galley and we cooked the fish we caught and ate. It poured down rain once but everyone was having fun. Pattaya is a tourist trap so be ready with Your Baht and bargain, walk away and go back an bargain some more. They act like they're all mad but it's an act. Pattaya is mostly famous for its go-go and beer bars and prostitutes.

We have just arrived back from Asia on the diamond princess.

There is a free shuttle bus in to PATtAYA and the roads are all clear of road works.

There is a bus from cruise terminal into bangkok for about 49 dollars . It took 1 1/2 hours to get there .and it dropped of left you for bout 4 to 5 hours then brought you back again.

Mbk shopping were not doing any good deals and the quality I felt was lacking

I organised a tour to hcmc which was fantastic it took us 1 1/2 to get we went to the museum. Post office. Not rated dame. Saigon market another massive marker called Ben ton market then a temple . Diamond wanted 150 dollars for less . We did it for 50 dollars each .

Princess do a drop.in hcmc then pick you up later for 80 dollars it's very expensive . Buy your copies here in Vietnam they are great quality and a lot cheaper than Bangkok.

We have just arrived back from Asia on the diamond princess.

There is a free shuttle bus in to PATtAYA and the roads are all clear of road works.

There is a bus from cruise terminal into bangkok for about 49 dollars . It took 1 1/2 hours to get there .and it dropped of left you for bout 4 to 5 hours then brought you back again.

Mbk shopping were not doing any good deals and the quality I felt was lacking

I organised a tour to hcmc which was fantastic it took us 1 1/2 to get we went to the museum. Post office. Not rated dame. Saigon market another massive marker called Ben ton market then a temple . Diamond wanted 150 dollars for less . We did it for 50 dollars each .

Princess do a drop.in hcmc then pick you up later for 80 dollars it's very expensive . Buy your copies here in Vietnam they are great quality and a lot cheaper than Bangkok.

Hi Bimbojet!

That is great information! Thank you very much.

We will do the free shuttle to Pattaya then as have been to Bangkok so dont see the point of spending the time travelling to somewhere we are familiar with when have a short amount of time there is somewhere we havent been closer by. Would like to see that mini landmark park, did you see it? Anything else you can recommend?

As for HCMC...we have also been there before and seen all the sites, etc. Wanting to just get a bus/taxi to/from town to have the day there and show my Mum around. Did the place you did the tour through do just transport drop off/pick up? The Princess cruises extensions do seem very expensive for what they are and the country.

Is there anything else you can share about the other ports? We have been through Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia before but not most of these port places and did it on our own travels not a cruise so went into different areas.

Also anything about the Diamond Princess? We have not done a cruise before so any tips, information that might be of help is greatly appreciated. We are trying to decide wether to get the drinks packages but have been told they have quite a lot of happy hours and drinks specials so probably isnt worth it?

We are from NZ / Australia, my husband am I are late 30's/early 40's and my Mum mid 60's so are fairly active.

Sorry for picking your mind so much but first person I have seen post who has been on this cruise.

Just completed Diamond Princess Japan to Singapore reposition Cruise last week.

Laem Chabang to Pattaya Shuttle is US$ 8.00 per person each way (Not free Shuttle).

Phu My to Ba Ria Shuttle is free.

Hi Bimbojet!

That is great information! Thank you very much.

We will do the free shuttle to Pattaya then as have been to Bangkok so dont see the point of spending the time travelling to somewhere we are familiar with when have a short amount of time there is somewhere we havent been closer by. Would like to see that mini landmark park, did you see it? Anything else you can recommend?

As for HCMC...we have also been there before and seen all the sites, etc. Wanting to just get a bus/taxi to/from town to have the day there and show my Mum around. Did the place you did the tour through do just transport drop off/pick up? The Princess cruises extensions do seem very expensive for what they are and the country.

Is there anything else you can share about the other ports? We have been through Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia before but not most of these port places and did it on our own travels not a cruise so went into different areas.

Also anything about the Diamond Princess? We have not done a cruise before so any tips, information that might be of help is greatly appreciated. We are trying to decide wether to get the drinks packages but have been told they have quite a lot of happy hours and drinks specials so probably isnt worth it?

We are from NZ / Australia, my husband am I are late 30's/early 40's and my Mum mid 60's so are fairly active.

Sorry for picking your mind so much but first person I have seen post who has been on this cruise.

You will find that the shuttle bus is not free, you can pre-purchase shuttle tickets on your room account.

Hello Janj27 -- we are about to go on the Diamond Princess departing Tianjin on Nov 12. I just booked transport from the ship to HCMC and back with Smile Tours (Thi is the person I've been working by email with). According to TripAdvisor, they offer great tours and/or transport. We plan on doing the motorscooter tour - also excellent ratings on TripAdvisor and other travel sites - which sounded scary at first but after reading the reviews, it sounds like a great way to tour Saigon. Have a great trip!