Email from NCL Pertaining to Great Stirrup Cay

jackhall226

IMPORTANT:

ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners:

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Epic's 7-Day Eastern Caribbean sailing from Port Canaveral on November

12, 2016. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is always our number one priority. Our team has completed the assessment of

Hurricane Matthew's impact on Great Stirrup Cay, our private island in the Bahamas, which has been closed since August 25 for enhancements as a part

of The Norwegian Edge program. Due to the storm's effects on the island and the resulting delays in construction, the island will remain closed for an

additional four weeks to complete the planned upgrades. Great Stirrup Cay will re-open to welcome guests on November 20.

It then gives our itinerary change from GSC to Nassau. (the formatted tables would copy over)

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Great Stirrup Cay, your

pre-booked shore excursion reservations will be automatically cancelled.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030

(Monday through Friday from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look

forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Epic.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

I regularly check with my NCL account and after I received the notice of closure of Great Stirrup Cay from my agent, I looked at the itinerary on NCL website to find Key West as one of the new destinations of my sailing.

My agent was on top of this, happy to say.

I have not received the email from my TA and the itinerary for the 11/12 Epic sailing on the NCL website still says we are going to GSC.

I hope they will add some shore excursions for Nassau. I want to go to Blue Lagoon again!

Hi, someone from our roll call said they called NCL to cancel and book a new excursion and was told they would have to wait to change in on board. I am going to book something through a private company instead of waiting.

I am just happy that I found out about the change on here! My itinerary also still says GSC and the letter I got from NCL only had the signature on it! There was no actual letter...just the signature.

Same way with my daughter, she is leaving Sunday on the Breakaway and has not heard anything "officially". She read it on a thread on here and had to hunt down her agent.

We are leaving on Monday on Sky, and we got an email last Friday with the changes.....AND our Vacation Summary has been updated....where hers hasn't been.

Very bad communication with NCL.

I just booked the Breakaway yesterday for a Nov. 6th departure and was told nothing about GSC being closed... just read it on my Roll Call board. And apparently our time in Nassau has been changed as well so that we do not get a full beach day anywhere!!! I am more than annoyed as I just called NCL directly and was told that nothing has changed with my itinerary - a blatant lie! This is my 19th cruise but haven't sailed a full week with NCL in a long time... not starting out with a good feeling... :(((

I have been booked on the NCL Breakaway since last March. We are sailing on November 6th.

I received the below email from NCL yesterday. I am not happy about overnighting in Nassau! Another Port of Call would be nice: Key West, Charleston, Miami, Fort Lauderdale etc.

Dear Valued Guests & Travel Partners:

October 27, 2016

IMPORTANT: ITINERARY CHANGE INFORMATION

Norwegian Cruise Line has important information for you regarding Norwegian Breakaway's 7-Day Bahamas & Florida sailing from New York on November 6, 2016. All guests booked on this sailing need to be aware of this change and travel professionals are asked to forward this information to their clients.

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and comfort of our guests and crew is always our number one priority. Our team has completed the assessment of Hurricane Matthew's impact on Great Stirrup Cay, our private island in the Bahamas, which has been closed since August 25 for enhancements as a part of The Norwegian Edge program. Due to the storm's effects on the island and the resulting delays in construction, the island will remain closed for an additional four weeks to complete the planned upgrades. Great Stirrup Cay will re-open to welcome guests on November 20.

Please review the revised itinerary information below.

Original Arrive Depart

Revised Arrive Depart

Sun New York City, New York 3:00 pm

Sun New York City, New York 3:00 pm

Mon At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Orlando-beaches-port Canaveral, Florida 1:00 pm 9:00 pm

Tue Orlando-beaches-port Canaveral, Florida 1:00 pm 9:00 pm

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 1:00 pm 9:00 pm

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 1:00 pm overnight

Thu Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 8:00 am 5:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas overnight 10:00 am

Fri At Sea

Fri At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sat At Sea

Sun New York City, New York 8:00 am

Sun New York City, New York 8:00 am

If you pre-booked shore excursions through Norwegian Cruise Line for Great Stirrup Cay, your pre-booked shore excursion reservations will be automatically cancelled.

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-327-7030 (Monday through Friday from 8am to midnight ET and Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 9pm ET). We look forward to welcoming you aboard Norwegian Breakaway.

Sincerely,

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

Sent from my iPad using Forums