Hotel Reccomendation pre-cruise in Stockholm

graysonman

My wife and I are considering a Baltic cruise next year (July 2017) on the Celebrity Silhouette. We were just wondering if anyone has any hotel recommendations (pre-cruise for 2-3 nights) for Stockholm as that is where the cruise begins (12 nights Stockholm to Amsterdam). We were wondering if there are any hotels nearby the cruise port (within reasonable walking distance) or if we would just have to cab it there on departure day. Where does Celebrity port when it is in Stockholm? I have been doing a bit of reading and it sounds like the sail away is not to be missed! We have been to Europe before and know what hotels are like there from a pricing point of view (we have had good experiences with mid priced hotels in London, Brussels, etc.). Any hotel and sightseeing suggestions would be appreciated as we have not been to Stockholm before. Thanks!

I stayed at the Elite Eden Park Hotel in Stockholm this past June. I liked the hotel, while it was away from the Rail Station (about 10 to 15 minutes) it was in a nice area close to lots of restaurants, subway etc. decent walk (I think 25 to 30 minutes) to Gamla Stan.

• 1 month later...

We stayed at the hotel Gamla Stan. It was comfortable and convenient to everything, especially the pedestrian street. We ate at 2 nearby restaurants. Cabs were plentiful near the hotel. I bled highly recommend this moderately priced hotel!

I have been looking at these three. WHile all in slightly separate areas, they are all close to the centre.

Any experience with them? Family of 4 with 2 kids and wondering what the best one would be to stay at as we take in Stockholm for several days before our cruise departs.

Thanks!

Hi. I stayed at the Radisson Blu Waterfront in May on a pre-cruise stay. The location is nice. It's across the street (literally) from the main train station. It's less than a 10 minute walk to City Hall and a little farther to Gamla Stan. The breakfast was great--so many choices and it was all tasty. We also had dinner in the restaurant and enjoyed that as well. Rooms were clean and modern. Employees that I had contact with were pleasant and helpful. I don't have any experience with the other hotels you mentioned as this was my first trip to Stockholm. Enjoy!