Scotch/whiskey drinkers: RCL Voyager ex Aus selection?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked already (I've thoroughly checked other posts). I was wondering if anyone knew if this list:

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

is applicable to current Voyager of the Seas sailings out of Australia.

I'm mainly interested in Oban, Lagavullin and Talisker whiskeys (and the aluminium bottled beers). Any idea if these are available? I think I had the aluminium bottled beers on the Radiance ex-Sydney a few years ago but can't remember!

Cheers.

Having just disembarked from Voyager I must say unless they stock up at Sydney you will be lucky to get anything

They ran out of brandy, most beers, tonic water, merlot, zinfandel, several other wines of a reasonable price. the bars were trying to get the odd one or two items from other bars which meant a long wait if they were willing to try

The excuse was that the previous cruise were 'mostly' asian and they do not drink

I suspect it was stocked for a typical Asian cruise and someone forgot to account for all the Aussies cruising home! Either that or the plan was always to stock up in Sydney.

We always find plenty to drink aboard [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Back to the OP's question. The aluminium beers were readily available when we cruised last year and I assume they will be again. In terms of whisky, my husband definitely availed himself of the Lagavulin and I'm pretty sure Talisker too. It's likely there will be some variance in the actual brands between sailings, but you'll find something decent [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums