Lactose Intolerant Teppanyaki

gl339

DBF is lactose intolerant but wants to go to Teppanyaki for dinner. I am pretty sure that they put butter in the fried rice. Has anyone ever had a special dietary need at Teppanyaki and how do they handle it?

I ate there when I was gluten free and the chef prepared my food before the rest of the group so he could eliminate the soy sauce on mine and avoid the possibility of cross contamination. I've read reports from others here that they sometimes will cook food in the kitchen for someone with specific needs and bring it out from there. Either way, they'll take care of him. Be sure to contact the Access Desk before your cruise and they'll send you a form to complete and send back.

DBF is lactose intolerant but wants to go to Teppanyaki for dinner. I am pretty sure that they put butter in the fried rice. Has anyone ever had a special dietary need at Teppanyaki and how do they handle it?

I am allergic to garlic, and they use pounds of garlic butter in everything (seriously, I've never seen so much butter). They prepared mine in the back and brought it out to me. It was a HUGE bummer because they brought all of the food out at the same time, and no one else had any food at all. I was faced with either eating alone while they all had a drink and we watched the chef, or letting it get cold. I went with cold, and that was a bad choice.

I am allergic to garlic, and they use pounds of garlic butter in everything (seriously, I've never seen so much butter). They prepared mine in the back and brought it out to me. It was a HUGE bummer because they brought all of the food out at the same time, and no one else had any food at all. I was faced with either eating alone while they all had a drink and we watched the chef, or letting it get cold. I went with cold, and that was a bad choice.

That was the one thing I didn't like about it. The chef did prepare mine in front of all of us before preparing anything else, and I did feel a bit awkward eating while he was preparing everyone else's food. But, it beat the heck out of getting sick!