Empress/Safes

cprincess

We did the 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise and loved it. The Empress is smaller than most, but we loved the ship, the crew, the food and all else with the cruise. It was a very friendly ship and in beautiful shape. It was one of the best cruises we have done and we will sail her again doing the same itinerary someday. I hope.;)

We had JS 9644.

We stayed in a Junior Suite (9140). The closet was spacious and yes, there is a safe. The bath has a shower that a person weighing more than 200 lbs. will have a problem fitting in. There is not a tub. The shower curtain constantly is blowing in and wrapping around you. A full line of bath products is included such as lip balm, shampoo, lotion, cotton balls, body gel, etc. The suite was VERY quiet with no noise or vibration. No mini fridge either, however most of the time they replace the ice in your bucket. The bed was very comfortable. I was concerned that the balcony of only 25 square feet would be too small but it was fine. The thermostat did not work and the system was very generous with A/C. I noticed others must have had the same problem and they left the door to the balcony open to warm up the cabin. One other note, Portofino, the restaurant, was a highlight and should not be missed. It is truly world class. The food at the Windjammer cafe was fair at best and the Compass Dining room was wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed in a Junior Suite (9140). The closet was spacious and yes, there is a safe. The bath has a shower that a person weighing more than 200 lbs. will have a problem fitting in. There is not a tub. The shower curtain constantly is blowing in and wrapping around you. A full line of bath products is included such as lip balm, shampoo, lotion, cotton balls, body gel, etc. The suite was VERY quiet with no noise or vibration. No mini fridge either, however most of the time they replace the ice in your bucket. The bed was very comfortable. I was concerned that the balcony of only 25 square feet would be too small but it was fine. The thermostat did not work and the system was very generous with A/C. I noticed others must have had the same problem and they left the door to the balcony open to warm up the cabin. One other note, Portofino, the restaurant, was a highlight and should not be missed. It is truly world class. The food at the Windjammer cafe was fair at best and the Compass Dining room was wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!

I should have posted that too. We froze the whole time in our 9644 JS and there was no way to turn the AC off. Take something warm to sleep in or get extra blankets as soon as you board. ;)

Archived