Glory Spa Deck Balcony Stateroom 1115 PICS

Woodfaerie

When I was researching balcony rooms on the spa deck of the Glory, I couldn't find any pictures of my particular stateroom so I figure I would post some here for those interested as there were a few questions posed about privacy, etc....

I booked 6 weeks out, a guarantee balcony. My traveling companion was my 18 year old granddaughter, her 2nd cruise. I was assigned my room a week after booking. We left 10/29, returned 11/5 and had the worst weather of any cruise I have been on, however, we did have a few days with some sun that we took full advantage of.

You can see the awesomely huge SLIDING glass door, the view above the balcony (no privacy at all from the Serenity deck above), the view to the right of the balcony (a wall), the view looking all the waaaaay down to street level. The room was at the very end of a small hall and was extremely quiet.

1403955861_Balconyroomdeck11.jpg.762c576873a545e285fcab23a2cc5513.jpg

678153370_Balconyslidingdoor.jpg.127844f64c14b8416fbefb6a7a5e00cc.jpg

1015451863_Balconyview2.jpg.f2d492575684738b833865f370fffd70.jpg

1061824981_Balconyviewtotheright.jpg.011845f93c5e288eedaf2f62a5f34faf.jpg

1179830441_Balconyviewlookingdown.jpg.fda1bcf9e04bea2a8b892b74b4a33c3c.jpg

Deck 11 is not for those with weak stomachs should there be stormy weather. We had major choppy seas most of the cruise and every degree of listing was felt in our room, however we loved the rocking back and forth. It was amazing that even the few moments where there were no white caps, we still could feel gentle listing that I never felt on lower decks in previous trips.

I brought a piece of rope and tied the door open every night even going as far as sleeping on the opposite end of the bed so my head was right there at the huge open space where the sliding door belonged. I was awoken 3 or 4 nights to rain coming in and tickling my face so I had to get up, close the door and turn the air on. **I did turn off the air conditioning when the door was open. Note: the air works extremely well in this room. It actually got super cool when the air was on and the balcony door was closed. I was in heaven but my granddaughter wore her hoodie faithfully and the bathrobe over that a few times. (A 56 year old and an 18 year old, you do the math)

There was alot of rain so the balcony was useless during those times. There is no privacy should you decide to join or continue your membership of The Balcony Club. Anyone standing at the railing on the Serenity deck has a clear view of you. I would have preferred a covered balcony even if on a low deck.

I got a great deal on the room but would not pay the "normal" price for a balcony on this deck as the only extra perk was the sliding door vs the standard smaller door. We pride ourselves by walking up stairs and never taking an elevator in attempts to counter act the effects of the warm chocolate melting cake so the fact that we were 30 seconds from the gym did not support our counter activity. (mild guilt but not too much)

All in all, it was your lovely typical balcony room with the sliding door offering more sunshine, when there is some and lots of connection with the outside should you have the door open. It offered super easy access to the lido, serenity deck and the Dive In movies (which rain cancelled more than once) This stateroom should NOT be confused with the Spa rooms. It did not offer any spa perks, it was merely on the spa deck.

• Like 1