Who's been to Grand Turk recently?

cruisewiththekids

Where to snorkel on Grand Turk? Which beach is best?

Someone else already mentioned this, but the snorkeling right off the beach by Margaritaville and up towards Jack's has gotten markedly better in the 4 years since I've been coming to GT.

You'll have to go out close to the line (marking the boundary of the swimming area) to find fish and coral. Look for the two sunken anchors and the sunken cannon. :)

The depth is around 15 feet up until you get to the dropoff (where the channel was dredged for ships to dock) and around 35-40 feet past the dropoff, which is pretty dramatic in itself. I dove to the bottom there -- we spotted a defenseless cinder block down there and just HAD to touch it :) -- and it felt like at least 35 feet.

I also noticed some coral growth there, including some brain coral, so please try not to damage any of it. I had to remind some kids to be careful with their fins.

Someone else already mentioned this, but the snorkeling right off the beach by Margaritaville and up towards Jack's has gotten markedly better in the 4 years since I've been coming to GT.

You'll have to go out close to the line (marking the boundary of the swimming area) to find fish and coral. Look for the two sunken anchors and the sunken cannon. :)

The depth is around 15 feet up until you get to the dropoff (where the channel was dredged for ships to dock) and around 35-40 feet past the dropoff, which is pretty dramatic in itself. I dove to the bottom there -- we spotted a defenseless cinder block down there and just HAD to touch it :) -- and it felt like at least 35 feet.

I also noticed some coral growth there, including some brain coral, so please try not to damage any of it. I had to remind some kids to be careful with their fins.

Completely agree! My son & husband didn't go deep enough to see the coral, but the fish they saw were awesome they said. They also saw the cannon and an anchor. Honestly, for the price, you can't beat it! ;) Now that my son's getting older and more comfortable, we may look at excursions that go further out and deeper, but for now, he's totally fine with this.