Arcadia J611 to the Canaries

libra-sue

Hi

I am a 'newbie' going on Arcadia for my first ever cruise to the Canaries 12 May 06. Anyone out there can tell me what the weather will be like around the canaries and Maderia at the end of May.?

Also will we see any dolphins and whales in the area whilst onboard?

Any tips you can give for first timers would also be lovely! One good tip I did get was 'take a 4-gang elec socket extension for the cabin' - as cabin only has one socket amazing.... will need a few need to watch tele while drying my hair!! Etc...

Thanks

Sue :) - Bristol.UK

p.s. ITS COLD DARK AND RAINING HERE IN BLIGHTY - WHATS IT LIKE IN Aus?

Just back from from Canaries (on Oceana)

Can't really help re weather in May, though in October it was good - even up the Channel (though it was that freak day on the thursday when people in UK were reported to be on beaches etc, LOL). The afternoons tended to be cloudy around the 'taller' islands due to the build up of cloud due to the Trade winds (you will learn all about them if you take a (P+O) tour - the guides every island mentioned it - even the dry ones - Lanzarote etc - as they explain why it is so dry.)

Re the dolphins - we saw loads; Going through the bay and in the islands. One very good time to watch seemed to be at about sunset (about an hour after leaving port for us) when we had porpoise and dolphin sightings on at least 3 out of the 4 occasions. One day I was out there, when I had been waiting to photograph the sunset off Maderia, and the display (fins mainly, not a lot of leaping) went on and on - I was still there at 8pm and dinner was 8.30 - bit of a rush that day:D

Karen

Archived