Canada and New England Cruise, Anthem of the Seas

hallasm

Canada and New England Cruise, Anthem of the Seas September 22 to October 1, 2016.

At the cruise from Cape Liberty, vi did visit Boston; Portland, Maine; Bar Harbor, Maine; Halifax, Nova Scotia and Saint John, NB.

There will soon be more videos from the cruise.

zKWqICp7yaE

Also we did a circumnavigation of Upper New York Bay at the start of the cruise:

Tz57KpkeBFw

Looks like you had beautiful weather. Not always the case in Bar Harbor :(

I have often wondered if any passengers on those huge and luxurious cruise ships ever realize (or remotely care) that when they are anchored in BH....the ship can TOTALLY block the view from many many places in BH. Believe me....a view of Anthem of the Seas (and other mega ships) is NOT what the residents and land based tourists

Want to see. They want to see the open water, the islands, the sailboats etc....I assume some passengers think of that but honestly don't care....on vacation .....for most of us, it is all about OUR good times .

From a personal perspective it would be so much nicer (and less devisive ) if the cruise ships allowed into BH were MUCH smaller.

Unfortunately...I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the weather was extremely nice - and so were the people. Sensed that there were already many tourists. Anthem did anchor a bit away from the harbour - but it did caus a lot of tender trafic from ship to the harbor - Anthem seen from the top of Mount Cadillac!

IMG_7996%2B%25281280x852%2529.jpg

Below three videos from our stop in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada with high lights from Reversing Falls and St. Martins and the Sea Caves.

Soon will follow from Halifax, Bar Harbor, Portland and Boston.

I2Xadt0M2zE

RvLslMFBZvg

0sqNd_aXbiY

• 4 weeks later...