Auck Return on Golden Princess as part of Melbourne return

MargoK

Hi all

Wondered if anyone has boarded the Golden Princess from Auckland, and sailed Auckland Return as part of a Melbourne Return cruise.

I wanted to know when a "Muster Station" Drill is held for those joining in Auckland. Just trying to organise our social calendar for that evening (meeting people who will already be on board) :D:eek:

I assume we do have to attend a Drill at some point.

Hi all

Wondered if anyone has boarded the Golden Princess from Auckland, and sailed Auckland Return as part of a Melbourne Return cruise.

I wanted to know when a "Muster Station" Drill is held for those joining in Auckland. Just trying to organise our social calendar for that evening (meeting people who will already be on board) :D:eek:

I assume we do have to attend a Drill at some point.

In my experience, it is always on embarkation day.

Thanks. I did think it was embarkation day just wanted to know timing. I.e check in closes at 5pm, so wanted to know if it would be soon after. Perhaps by 6pm.

If check in closes at 5pm, muster may be around 5.30-5.45, with a probable 6.30pm sail away.

What I normally do is just say to every one you are to meet that it will be at the ???? Bar /lounge straight after muster for sail away, then it doesn't really matter what time it is.

tink you have nailed it MIc, but if we are talking b2b, those who did the first leg, may not have to attend for the second leg. That's if I've got the right grip of things, but hey grab a drink, grab ya life jacket and go to the vista lounge, and be instructed by the assnt cruise director on what to do in an emergency.

If no seats available just sit on the floor.

Our check in is 3 5pm with Sailaway 10pm. Not a b2b cruise, hence I was seeking comment from someone who had departed on the same Auckland scenario.

Okay, with the sailaway at 10 pm, I see your predicament. I would aim for a gathering at 6.30pm as muster would normally be held within 1/2 -3/4 hour of closed check in and before dinners start.

Okay, with the sailaway at 10 pm, I see your predicament. I would aim for a gathering at 6.30pm as muster would normally be held within 1/2 -3/4 hour of closed check in and before dinners start.

Exactly MicCanberra - a predicament! :D Don't want to interrupt our gathering.....

Once on board Diamond we went to dinner and then muster happened, which totally threw me:eek: Came back to the table and woosh the table had been cleared. Fortunately my wine was being held by the waiter! :)

Exactly MicCanberra - a predicament! :D Don't want to interrupt our gathering.....

Once on board Diamond we went to dinner and then muster happened, which totally threw me:eek: Came back to the table and woosh the table had been cleared. Fortunately my wine was being held by the waiter! :)

Sometimes it is the little things that are most important.:D