Just Back from Mariner of the Seas!

MJN: In St. Thomas, my daughter and I did The Best of St. Thomas excursion. We really enjoyed it. We took the 8am tour and had plenty of time afterwards to go into town and shop. You can be dropped off in town but we opted to go back to the ship and have lunch before we went shopping.

In St. Maarten, we did the Afternoon Beach Bash which was also fun, however because of the timing, we didn't get to visit Phillipsburg before the tour. It is not as convenient to get into town as it is in St. Thomas.

FYI: When you get to St. Thomas, everyone has to present themselves to US Homeland Security for a document check before going ashore. They did this starting at 7:45am and it went to 9:30am. If you don't present yourself, you can be fined up to $3,300. This was something new to me since we didn't have to do it when we sailed on the Mariner a couple of years ago. It went smoothly but was an added hassle in the morning when you just want to get ashore.

MadCnty:

I'm sorry we missed everyone at the M&M on Tuesday! It couldn't be help. My poor mother had a very bad gallbladder attack on Monday night and was in the infirmary all day Tuesday with an IV running into her arm. Needless to say we were all a bit worried, but the ship's doctors were absolutely great and had her back to normal by Wed. morning. I didn't realize that I had missed the M&M until later Wed. night.

With all the bad "press" that ships' doctors have gotten on some of these boards, I want to go on record to say that the docotrs on the Mariner were terrific with my mother. My step-dad and she had nothing but good things to say about the whole medical staff. They were true professionals and warm, caring people.

Rhea... Wow...:o I have to say then, that I'm sorry you folks missed us, at the M&M, but on the other hand I'm glad all is well with your DM... That could have been bad... I'm so glad that all went well in the end...:)

Archived