RCI Drinks Package on special?

debnmatt

Though they don't show it until checkout, You will pay the 18% gratuity either on the package or by the drink if you go a la carte. Except every blue moon they roll it into the package price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked on my cruise planner & the gratuity is already included in the price ! Not sure if this is only for the Australian site or not !

Still can't make up my mind to purchase it or not !!!

Look at it this way, the gratuity doesn't really factor in to buying or not. You are paying 18% no matter what.

Good thing with a package is you are paying 18% on a fixed amount vs 18% on market price of whatever you drink.

I never factor in the gratuity when I consider buying a package.

Does the package work for bottled water, as well? On Carnival-each person in the cabin had to have the package-which didn't make financial sense for us-I think specialty coffees and such were still extra. Do they limit you on the number of items you get per day?

Does the package work for bottled water, as well? On Carnival-each person in the cabin had to have the package-which didn't make financial sense for us-I think specialty coffees and such were still extra. Do they limit you on the number of items you get per day?

Yes on the bottled water and no limits.

Thank you! just wasn't sure how strict they were with all of that. Coke products are free on DCL-we don't drink a ton, but it was nice to have it whenever you wanted one.

One thing to note about the soda that you get as part of the beverage packages on RC. No cans are included as part of the packages. Only glasses of soda from bar/restaurant fountains and Freestyle Coke machines (on those ships that have Freestyle machines).