Dog Sled Recommendations

ndsb

I am going to Alaska on a Princess Southbound cruise, and I really want to do a dog sled trip. Ideally I would love to do the helicopter to the glacier, but I am not sure that is in the budget for us to do as a family of 4 (two adults and two kids ages 8 and 11).

We stop in Skagway, Juneau, and Ketchikan. Where is the best place to do a dog sled trip? We are huge dog people so the more time with the dogs and riding/driving the sled the better.

Thanks!

Skagway offers excellent cart ride opportunities at bargain options- if you rent a car and drive the Klondike Highway. Two drive up vendors to consider.

If you want a fly in option with a snow sled ride, available out of Skagway and Juneau.

There is NO option to drive a sled/cart anywhere.

There are glacier dog sled tours outside of Anchorage on the Colony Glacier, Ver near Seward with the Seavey's, both cart tours and glacier sled tours...There are several vendors in Juneau, and cart tours in Skagway...you can drive from Skagway to Carcross and do a very short cart tour there, or you can drive up to Whitehorse and go for a walk down by the Takini river with a whole bunch of dogs..at MukTuk....A marvelous wonderful thing to do if you love dogs.....You can go for a cart ride in Willow at Dream a Dream Dog Farm....(a great presentation BTW) or you can see Ryan Redington on every Princess boat bring his puppies on board....He was there last year, not sure if he will be doing it this year....but I will let you know, when he does....All kinds of choices....most of these places have web sites or facebooks....check them out...All glacier sled dog rides are expensive....It is an expensive operation...