Looking for a restaraunt with tequila speciality

msublonde1

Hi fellow CC folks!

We went to Costa Maya in December 2000. We went to an amazing local restaurant, as per recommended on here. The owner barreled his own tequila. We got an education on it and fell in love! No more Jose' for us!

I'm hoping that recent visitors can help me remember the name of this place. It was parallel to the beach, but didn't face it. I believe it was on the main strip through town. It was not far from the first drop off point at the beach. Slight possibility our upcoming March Liberty of the Seas cruise could possibly end up stopping there if they have to change the ports around.

Please help me remember the name of this place! Thank you!

Hi fellow CC folks!

We went to Costa Maya in December 2000. We went to an amazing local restaurant, as per recommended on here. The owner barreled his own tequila. We got an education on it and fell in love! No more Jose' for us!

I'm hoping that recent visitors can help me remember the name of this place. It was parallel to the beach, but didn't face it. I believe it was on the main strip through town. It was not far from the first drop off point at the beach. Slight possibility our upcoming March Liberty of the Seas cruise could possibly end up stopping there if they have to change the ports around.

Please help me remember the name of this place! Thank you!

I'm, sure it was Fernandos 100% Agave. He has move several times but is still open on the Melancon about even with the soccer field.

If you follow the map and pictures in the link in my signature, you'll see his place. right next to Ibiza Sunset and a small grocery fruit stand 2 doors down from a great coffee shop.

If Fernando isn't open, and there's mixed reports, of his being open during the cruise ship times, Tropicante and NoHoch Kay both offer the craft liquor brewed in Xcalak, just down the road. Fernando sells or sold this too. Also he may have something at his store which is along the street one street up from the beach near the soccer field.

Thank you both. I'm pretty sure it was Fernando's, too. The recent pictures on trip advisor didn't remind me of it, but the reviews did! Didn't even occur to me that he would have moved locations. It was such a great day filled with hazy memories, towards the end-lol. Is it bad that I'm hoping we get taken there instead of Belize?

Thank you both!