Dress Code Concern ??

Yes, I'm a newbie! I'm trying to decide what would be the best choice for our first cruise exprience. My husband and I are considering the Navigator Caribbean cruise in March. I have researched and pretty much decided that Radisson is the way to go.

However, I was in a auto accident about three years ago that caused serious injury to my foot. I am pretty much restricted to only wearing athletic type shoes (yes, tennis shoes). As you can imagine, this greatly limits my wardrobe.

Does anyone have any opinions as to whether this would be a problem in conforming to the "Dress Code"? :confused:

You would be no more and probably less in a dilemma on Radisson. I have a friend who has to wear walking type shoes all the time. She found some cushy Shoes that look somewhat like a soft young girs shoe, kind of like Alice in wonderland, that looked great with long black pants and a fancy top. I also think if you got the plainest black athletic shoes, no one would notice under long flowing black crepe slacks. I would not worry. My husband will no longer wear a suit on a cruise and wears a beautiful jacket for formal and informal nights and looks very handsome. He has never been commented upon on any cruise because for he looks like he belongs. Just wear what you must without being self-conscious. A good place to look for shoes if you want to find more dressy "walking" type shoes is http://www.shoebuy.com and http://www.zappos.com. Both have free shipping and free return.

Don't worry, just GO!

We leave on the Voyager in less than 2 weeks. Hooray!

Adelle

Totally agree with Adelle.

I had foot surgery about two years ago. I can't wear high heels. I ordered some of the fancier Birkenstocks from QVC and wore them with my black pants. Also, if you have a "Walking Store" shop in your mall, they sell a lot of walking shoes that look like regular shoes. Barring all else, I'd get the black walking shoes and just wear black pants and a nice top for formal nights.

You'll be fine. I'd be a lot less concerned on RSSC than on some of the "mainstream" lines. The "Dress Code" threads on some of these boards get really hostile.

Enjoy your trip. You'll love RSSC.

Kathy

Although this is not directly to the point, I just have to say that those Birkenstocks on QVC are terrific. I have trouble with my feet, and with Birkenstocks, I don't have to look yucky just to be able to walk well.

I also agree that the QVC Birkies are great styles, many that you can dress up as needed, expeciallly with black pants. Their prices are good too. So give them a try.

Diane

MalteseFriendly,

Not to worry. I am fairly certain that Emily Post and others would advise you that etiquette requires that we do not demand of others what they are unable to accomplish.

Strappy little stilettos are a dicey proposition anyway where the floor may have a tendency to move unexpectedly, as onboard a ship. ;)

Archived