Possibility of moving up to circle c at 11?

Rip2003

We are booked on the Vista..My 11 year old will miss the Middle School 12-15 room in the kids club by 30 days, he is more than halfway done with 6th grade. Has anyone had success in being granted an exemption for this? What are the chances he'll be allowed to go into the Middle School club with his friend that is also going on the trip?

There is some chance, but it will depend on how many kids are on the ship, and it's ALL at the discretion of the youth staff. My daughter moved up twice on two different ships. In December, I had to work really hard (talked to a lot of different people) to get her moved up with her sister...and she was actually turning 12 DURING the cruise. In September, she was months away, but there were VERY few 10 or 11 year olds on board, so they happily moved her up.

Bottom line, it's up to the staff, so you won't know until you're on board. But it's worth a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Domergirl

The group is 12, 13, and 14 year old. The last grouping is 15, 16 and 17 years old.

This is a ship by ship and sailing by sailing decision. It will be based on how many kids are registered for each group. I have heard sometimes it is done and other times not allowed.

My suggestion, ask the first night and mention your child is traveling with a friend and they would like to be kept together. Certainly there is a chance of moving your child. But please bear in mind they may deny your request.

Just a thought but your 11 year old might very well find themselves with a group of kids that are days from being 15 years old. The older kids are not going to want to have anything to do with an 11 year old. Hopefully his friend is close to his age.

Best of luck and I hope everyone has a wonderful, memory making cruise.