LIVE from the Jewel

fourxk

I will be in Cabin 10500 --I saw that someone is in that cabin this week--How is the cabin -I am familiar with category AB from the Dawn--great shower and bathroom -how does 10500 compare?? The view from the back of the ship should be great

Hi Markf,

My wife and I were in #10500 this last week. What questions do you have. Your quote above is a little confusing. #10500 is an AC category and is on the front of the ship.

#10500 is a great cabin other than the balcony being very windy while under sail. The "Sunroom" is a great space that does not exist on the other two AC's on deck 10. I did not see the AC's on deck 9 but the quoted square footages are significantly less than those on deck 10. I would say #10500 and #10000 are the two best cabins for the price on the ship.

PE

I will be in Cabin 10500 --I saw that someone is in that cabin this week--How is the cabin -I am familiar with category AB from the Dawn--great shower and bathroom -how does 10500 compare?? The view from the back of the ship should be great

We were in 10500. I don't know anything about AB's on the dawn. But, This suite was just gorgeous and way larger than the ones next to us (we peeked). We had a large, full size sofa and two chairs with coffee table and end tables in the "sun room." (The ones next to us only had a loveseat.) Table and 4 chairs for breakfast:D , served by our sweet-as-can-be butler, Karan. The closet opens from both sides, so you don't have to climb all over each other in the bath area. It has a light switch in there, too. We kept it on as our nightlight and it was perfect.

The bathroom wasn't fancy like some others, but it had a full size regular tub, shower pressure was great. Sliding doors to completely enclose the shower. Really large, fluffy towels. Sliding door to close off the toilet, but the glass wasn't frosted so I didn't understand the point:D . There was a flat-screen TV that swivels for the sun room and the bedroom area. Beautiful satin drapes to completely close off the bed for darkness. Large desk with drawers.

One of the coolest things was the coffee/espresso/cappucino maker. Freshly ground beans for every cup. WAY COOL!

On sea days, the ship wasn't sailing very fast so you could easily enjoy the balcony. I had a long, glorious nap on the first one. At night when the ship is full speed, it's not really useable. There is a sign that asks you not to be out there when the ship is underway, but when it's going slow I don't think they care. They didn't say anything, anyway. Also, they ask that you keep your drapes closed at night so the light from your room doesn't impede the bridge's visibility. No problem there, cuz you can't see anything out there, anyway.

There was lots of storage, and a large closet. We didn't even use all the drawers. Nice vanity with lighted wall mirror, and separate lighted make-up mirror. Full blown, hand-held hair dryer. They actually do supply hair conditioner and will replenish. Bar soap, too (don't like shower gel, although there are dispensers in both the shower and at the sink).

There are so many cool little things about this cabin, you'll have to be sure and explore all the light switches.

You're going to love it, don't even think of changing.

You guys are really starting to make me wish I had accepted the upsell from a BA to an AC that we were offered for $700. But, we like to use the balcony in the AM for coffee and danish, so maybe we're better off where we are.

-Monte

Archived