Singapore RT 7 day - How Formal is Formal Night?

Karkies25

We are used to the usual level of "formal" on Princess' Cruises in the Caribbean and Mexico 7 day itineraries: men in suits or nice shirt/tie/slacks and ladies in nice dresses (yet still not black tie IMO)

So, my question: on our upcoming cruise on the Diamond, RT Singapore to SE Asia 7 night, should we expect same level of "formal" as Caribbean or not? Will men be in tuxedos and ladies in full gowns? Or not?

thanks!

thanks for the replies, still debating whether we will dress up or just go to the horizon court on formal nights

Don't forgo the dining room on formal nights. You'll be missing out on some of the better meals of the cruise.

Formal dressing isn't absolutely necessary as long as you appear decently dressed - perhaps a little more than casual & you'll be fine. My wife just wears her black pants with a dressy top & I'll wear a long sleeve shirt without the jacket and dress pants. Some guys even wear Dockers.

What have you got to lose?

thanks for the replies, still debating whether we will dress up or just go to the horizon court on formal nights

Suggest you just bring what you have been used to the usual level of "formal" on Princess' Cruises. You can scale down on actual night if you prefer the buffet and not the ambience at the MDR.