San Pedro Crowne Plaza - Park and Sail - Excellent experience

Oh2B@C

Hello all,

Since I am leaving Cruise Critic, I wanted to submit a helpful and positive review of my experience with the Crowne Plaza San Pedro - along with a few helpful tips for those arriving by car (or not...). Especially since someone recently posted a very nasty review of this same hotel/package and I almost cancelled my stay there - GLAD I DID NOT!!!

As I said, I booked the Park and Sail, arrival 1/6/2017. Sailing on the Ruby 10-day Mexican Riviera (See my very positive review just posted:)).

Price for the package: $179 USD + tax

What you get:

- Parking for up to 15 days

- A very comfortable and modern room

- Two breakfast buffets (I was a solo, and was able to give my second one away - you get them in the form of 2 vouchers)

- Two free shuttle rides (you get 2 vouchers for that as well).

- Two free glasses of wine from the bar. I was allowed to take them back to my room.

I booked the package directly from the hotel website.

The parking experience and tips:

When you arrive, DO NOT VALET PARK!!! Rather, enter the hotel parking lot from 7th Street (it will say Enterprise Parking). Facing the hotel, 7th Street is on the left. Go down as far as possible underground (only one level is underground). Remember your stall number and give it to the bell captain. If the front desk says that you must Valet park, IGNORE THEM. Just tell the bell captain where your car is, hook one half of the parking tag (received at the front desk) to your car mirror and keep the other half with you. Keep your keys with you!

If you Valet Park, of course it will take forever to get your car. Remember that ship you just disembarked, well the same number of people are leaving to get ON that ship, and a lot of them are leaving from the hotel. It is a madhouse out front of the hotel on departure morning.

When I returned from my cruise, I went to the front desk and asked them for a pass to get out (there is a gate). The pass worked fine and I was on my way to enjoying the wonderful LA freeway system:eek:

The hotel

Great hotel!! Fabulous rooms, friendly staff, great food. Just one little nit-picky thing: slow elevators.

Cannot beat the location. 15 minutes walk to the cruise terminal. I walked. It is a mad dash outside to get on the shuttles. Tip: First "official" shuttle is at 10:30 but the driver will make a special run at 10 AM if you talk to him beforehand. He does it for extra tips I am sure, but the hotel is fine with it. You'll get to the terminal waaaaaay too early but if that's your thing, then go right ahead, beat those crowds... I believe the last shuttle is at 12:00, but again, speak to the driver about a special trip after official hours;)

All right, happy to answer questions. If your experience was not as positive as mine, well that's just TOUGH!:cool:

Phil (not "The OP")

Thanks for the heads up about the shuttle . Any recommendations for restaurants besides the hotel?

If you like Mexican...................the Green Onion........across the street from the Crowne......on 6th. Good food & good prices........more of a local type restaurant then tourist........

Sharon