MSC Divina - Teen Club, what was their experience?

LovingNC

I'll be traveling with a 6yr old and 15 yr old. I'm not worried about my 6yr old, she makes friends and finds her fun no matter what.

My son who is 15 normally makes tons of friends on our past Carnival Cruises. Is there a language barrier with the teens on MSC? I've heard there are many languages spoken. I'm looking for some insight on those who traveled with teens and what was their experience.

Count me in as interested as well. 12 yr old daughter and 6 yr old daughter. 12 yr old will probably do some things with little sis but is pretty interested in the sports activities for older kids. I'd like to know more about the cooking and language classes too

• 3 weeks later...

What time of year?

The biggest problem I saw for the pre-teens and teens last week was just the low number of them on board. This was a vacation week for our schools, but obviously not a vacation week for most. In the summer, I think you'd have a much better shot at them enjoying themselves.

Language probably isn't going to be a huge barrier. The European teens I saw tended toward being well traveled, well educated, and somewhat affluent. Many (most?) will have a solid grasp of English. I spoke to a few Italian teens in the elevator and a few Danish teens at the ice cream bar. Their English was very, very good.

What time of year?

The biggest problem I saw for the pre-teens and teens last week was just the low number of them on board. This was a vacation week for our schools, but obviously not a vacation week for most. In the summer, I think you'd have a much better shot at them enjoying themselves.

Language probably isn't going to be a huge barrier. The European teens I saw tended toward being well traveled, well educated, and somewhat affluent. Many (most?) will have a solid grasp of English. I spoke to a few Italian teens in the elevator and a few Danish teens at the ice cream bar. Their English was very, very good.

Embark April 1st on Divina. It is spring break for my kids' school. Just wondering what types of organized entertainment the staff has for kids in this range. Can't picture him sitting there and finger painting with the youngsters, nor can I picture him standing around a teen club slipping on a virgin Piña Colada.

I know he'd be interested in the arcade and 4D theater, but would probably get bored after a couple hours of that. Plus they cost more and there's only so many quarters I'm willing to dish out!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Embark April 1st on Divina. It is spring break for my kids' school. Just wondering what types of organized entertainment the staff has for kids in this range. Can't picture him sitting there and finger painting with the youngsters, nor can I picture him standing around a teen club slipping on a virgin Piña Colada.

I know he'd be interested in the arcade and 4D theater, but would probably get bored after a couple hours of that. Plus they cost more and there's only so many quarters I'm willing to dish out!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Here is a link on their website that tells you all the different activities for each age group: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Information/Family.aspx