Fly Cruise - Extra Legroom?

Dixiebelle13

We've booked a Caribbean cruise on Britannia for January 18, departing from Barbados. Obviously too early to see flight details/airline yet, but does anybody know if we'll get the opportunity to upgrade to extra legroom seats? Not really bothered about booking Premium, but husband is quite tall and would likely be quite uncomfortable with standard legroom for that amount of time. We flew to Mexico with Thomas Cook a couple of years ago and he struggled so we upgraded on the way back (and seems a possibility we could be flying with them for the cruise).

You can check via P&O Frequently Asked Questions as they will tell you well in advance when Flight Seats are released for reservation. The only options available in Economy is Standard seats £20/pp/each way or Emergency Exit Seats costing £60/pp/each way. Is it really worth it, only you can say !

I'm over 6 foot and managed to get the first row of the cheap seats for £50 on a Dreamliner, row 10 I think it was (£50 each way in December). I could stretch my legs out all the way to the bulkhead.

We were on a Dreamliner in November and pre booked our economy seats. There wasn't an option to book extra leg room but we were pleasantly surprised upon boarding the plane to find that we had 'extra leg room' seats (there was a sign on the seat). There were about 5 rows and we were in the last row of them. I think we were in row 36