How did you get from IAH to Galveston?

Moondawgie

I am trying to find an inexpensive way to travel from Houston Airport to Galveston for a cruise on the Conquest next November.

What did you find? Any good deals out there? Is there a way to rent a van and drive (drop off in Galveston and pick up the following week)?

We have at least 3-5 adults, two children and a baby.

Thanks for any information you can give.

I THINK, and have brainfarted before...BUT....

if you took Carnival's flight, it should be included....otherwise, if you did your own air...I'd call and see what the transfer {bus} costs. From IAH it is close to a 2 hour drive...from Hobby airport, about 45 mins to an hour. Sadly, ALOT of traffic and road construction going on here.

Time wisely....Personally, I go a day early if I'm not leaving out of my home Port { Galveston}...I do not trust the weather to get me to my beloved cruise;) ...NASA is a great place...even for older folks... and interesting..Kemah Boardwalk, also...hop, skip, and a jump by Texas standards...LOL. Galveston..also offers entertainment, so check the Hotels as most offer a shuttle to Pier for FREE.

Might be an option to rent a car, return, rent one back...

its pretty much a straight shot to the Port either way. Am sure Enterprise, and the rest have shuttles to/from Port at no cost. Check into it.

Have fun !

With that large of a group, it may be easier and less expensive to just rent a car. Enterprise is the one people commonly use. You should probably go ahead and book as soon as they start allowing reservations for next November as vans are probably popular and limited.

Thank you Collette, Chris and wrp - Enterprise is showing sold out for next November, but I'm guessing that means they are not taking reservations a year in advance. I'll try to grab them as soon as I can.

Did anyone fly into Hobby? How was that route?

Hope next year is not like this year {hurricane wise} We're all a tad tired of it...Hurricane 124 didn't help, no degree, and my orange vest is starting to stink...Now for Gamma, and 15 days left...do we get to TAU?

Pray for the Gulf...we're cooked and need no more.

• 4 weeks later...

I have always used and recommended Galveston Limo until my last cruise. They used to be a small operation that used small cars or vans and it was a great way to avoid the waiting while a big bus was filled. This has changed. They now use a big bus...and it is not a very nice bus either. We were very disappointed. The next time we cruise out of Galveston we will be looking for a different mode of transportation.

What day are you embarking/disembarking? I have found most of the rental car companies are closed on Sunday in Galveston. You can drop a car off, but you can't rent one to come back. We are renting a car coming down the day before and will drop it off Sunday morning. And then take the cruise ship transporation back on the following Sunday $33 one way each person.

Archived