ATD on Carnival Magic booth table for 4

bksjes1998

We booked ATD because we want the convenience of eating when convenient for us. Saw on another post that ATD is in the Northern Lights Dining Room so I have been looking at photos of the Northern Lights Dining Room and most tables for 4 or 2 are right next to each other not giving you much privacy. My husband (who is not a people person) never wants to eat in the dining room because on our first cruise we got seated with a group (this was before ATD and before I knew you could request a table for 2 or 4). I have informed him we can get a table to ourselves this time. This is our first family cruise and I want us to eat in the dining room a few nights. We want it to be like our family is going out to eat and we can have a conversation without the next table hearing every word. Saw pictures of the booth tables, which look like a good option for us. Was wondering how many people the booth tables hold and if they are easily requested for anytime dining? Thanks for any advice or information.

On the Sunshine we saw booths for 4 with a table for two next to them so the booths were for 6 !

Also on the Sunshine, people signed up for the time they wanted to be seated- this was around 5pm they started this. We saw people with beepers for when their table was ready for them.

They probably do the same on the magic. You can email the Maitre'd at maitred@carnival .com and ask him about what you'd like but don't do it until the week before you sail. You can ask for a location you think you'd like. They have always been good about replying when necessary.

hi there

On Carnival with the YTD you will be able to get the seating that you request. There would be many tables for 4, I would not be too concerned about them being so close together. Remember the waiters have to be able to get work around them. It is the table for 2 that are literally side by side. There would also be booth type tables available, but asking for specific table types or locations, for instance, now narrows where you will be seated.

The reason I bring this up is that seating is limited. As any restaurant if your type of seating request is full, you would have to wait. How long the wait depends on your timing. Theoretically it could take as long as any group would spend at dinner, not likely but possible. Of course if you arrive at the dining room as soon as it opens and they are just seating people you would be seated right away. If you arrive 45min.-1hr. later you would likely have to wait. You would be given a pager so you wouldn't have to stay in that location, but if you don't like waiting you are better off arriving early or much later.

It will be different on every cruise, depending what other people are doing. If you were going to dine in the MDR every night you would start getting a feel for it soon. If you are just going to go there once in a while, it will be hit and miss for the wait times, unless you arrive early. One thing to remember, on the "dressy" nights the dining room will be full, so if you come later, expect to wait.

hope this helps

have a great cruise