Pre paid gratuities

Gone2/c

You all seem level headed folk. Can I ask another question. Our cruise (Western Med) is quite port intensive. Apart from going to Rome for an excursion we aren't really that bothered about other excursions. We will get off the ship where we can at ports but we are happy to relax in the warm weather and use the ships facilities for the week . Cruising can be whatever you want I suppose but maybe we should have looked at less port stops. Suppose I'm just looking for back up that our plans aren't bonkers. Thankyou

I have done Western Med a few times and alot of the ports were repeat last summer. I stayed on the ship at some of the ports and enjoyed the quietness of the ship. You certainly can be what you like.

Hi Gone2/c. Provence(Marseille) you need a taxi or transfer takes about 20 mins to port or 15 mins taxi to a nice shopping mall.Nice port but not much there.

Just like to add RCI shuttle at Marseille costs around USD25 which is extortionate. There is a free shuttle that take you close to Le Vieux Port area of Marseille. You might have to walk a little to the shuttle stop though.

• 4 weeks later...

grapau27

I wonder if I could bother you for another query . We have booked our first nights meal on 9th July for 6pm with my time dining. Just so we had something decisive in place. It now says we can book the other dates but there is limited availability. In your experience should I just ignore this as we don't know when we want to eat on other evenings. That of course is why we wanted mtd. Thankyou again .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

grapau27

I wonder if I could bother you for another query . We have booked our first nights meal on 9th July for 6pm with my time dining. Just so we had something decisive in place. It now says we can book the other dates but there is limited availability. In your experience should I just ignore this as we don't know when we want to eat on other evenings. That of course is why we wanted mtd. Thankyou again .

Thats good you have booked your first night.Every night there are 2 lines,one for booked times and one for no booked time.If it is not to busy and you are prepared to share a table the non booked line goes down nearly as fast as the booked because most people who book prefer tables for 2.

We have been 15 minutes early or 15 minutes late of our booked time but still have to wait in the booked queue.

When we have sailed from Barcelona there are lots of Spanish and they eat late so after 8.30 there are long lines of unbooked.

love sailing with RCCL

Thankyou . I think we would prefer to be at a table for the three of us so don't mind queuing a bit to make that happen. We will probably be eating early most evenings as our son is 14 and needs his food !

Also doing this same cruise in June and one of the many great things about a cruise holiday is that it can be whatever you want it to be.

Have been to Rome several times so probably won't be getting off then and will just relax and enjoy the ship then. You can do as much or as little as you like, it's your holiday ! Enjoy [emoji41]

Thankyou . I think we would prefer to be at a table for the three of us so don't mind queuing a bit to make that happen. We will probably be eating early most evenings as our son is 14 and needs his food !

If you dine early it will be quieter,it is usually busy between 7.30-8.30pm When you go on your first night you could always ask about other nights when you book in at the desk where they assign your table.

love sailing with RCCL