Charleston hotel info

pbutler

I searched the boards yesterday for info on hotels in Charleston that offer either a shuttle to the port or allow you to leave your car there while cruising with NO luck. I called my TA and was told that some used to offer that but not anymore. SO, I got on the phone and did some checking. Turns out that:

Springhill Suites -riverview-3miles from the port allows you to leave your car there while cruising and offers a nice continental breakfast. If this is the hotel I think it is we stayed there last year during one of my daughter's gymnastics competitions.

Howard Johnson Riverview also said they have a some sort of package too at their regular rate where you could leave your car and have breakfast for two.

I hope this helps some others too. There may be more that offer some type of package but that's all I've called so far.

Pam

It's actually $12 a day. BUT, if you are staying over the night before it can save you about $84 on a 7 night cruise to be able to stay at a hotel that will allow you to leave your car. The Springhill Suites is not bad and is practically in walking distance to California Dreaming, which is a very nice restaraunt over looking the water. I'm sure you can find info and pics on the web.

Just a little FYI as I know Charleston info has been hard to come by.

Pam

Pam, I live right outside Charleston so I am aware of California Dreaming altho I have not eaten there in years. There are many restaurants downtown I like much better.

Moderate hotel choices downtown:

Andrew Pinckney Inn

King Charles Best Western

Days Inn

Indigo Inn

I happen to LOVE Mt. Pleasant - so I can recommend the Hampton Inn at Patriots Point. They have a park and cruise package that is very reasonable, depending on when you need to stay. In December and January, it's only 69.00 a night with free parking. Mt. Pleasant has lots of good places to eat, and it's just across the bridge from downtown Charleston.

BlueHeron I wasn't speaking to you in general. This post was meant for people who might be looking for somewhere to stay in Charleston that offers a package deal and might not be familiar with the local restaraunts. I'm sure you know everything about Charleston but when I did a search there were many posts that got no response, thus were very little help.

Mushroom. Any idea how much cab fair might be from Mt Pleasant?

TIA,

Pam

Thanks Mushroom- I did call the Hampton Inn at Patriots Points. Rate is $102 and she did not mention a shuttle to the pier but she did volunteer that they will call transporation for us and we can leave our car there for the week and they will monitor it for us.

Archived