Grenada - Mandoo 1/2 day tours

Mrs Booboo

I am hoping to book a tour with Mandoo but he has asked me to fill in a form on his website with credit card details. Does he debit the full amount in advance? (His website doesn't make clear what happens) I am not really happy sending credit card details to be honest. I would sooner just pay him on the day. Anyone sent their card details and what happened?

Also, would he take you to Grand Anse instead of the smaller beach - or is the smaller beach just as nice?

Many thanks.

I am hoping to book a tour with Mandoo but he has asked me to fill in a form on his website with credit card details. Does he debit the full amount in advance? (His website doesn't make clear what happens) I am not really happy sending credit card details to be honest. I would sooner just pay him on the day. Anyone sent their card details and what happened?

Also, would he take you to Grand Anse instead of the smaller beach - or is the smaller beach just as nice?

Many thanks.

When is your cruise going to Grenada, is there long enough to forward a cheque if you are unhappy about giving your credit card details although I would say Mandoo is 100% trustworthy.

The reason he requires a payment in advance is that some individuals will make a booking and then change their mind/not turn up which obviusly affects his business. You would have to pay for accommodation etc. in advance and he needs to apply the same principles to tour bookings.

It will be no problem regarding which beach you want to visit, he will take to whichever of the two you like, they are only a few minutes drive apart.

per Denboy "When is your cruise going to Grenada, is there long enough to forward a cheque if you are unhappy about giving your credit card details although I would say Mandoo is 100% trustworthy.

The reason he requires a payment in advance is that some individuals will make a booking and then change their mind/not turn up which obviusly affects his business. You would have to pay for accommodation etc. in advance and he needs to apply the same principles to tour bookings.

It will be no problem regarding which beach you want to visit, he will take to whichever of the two you like, they are only a few minutes drive apart."

Well denboy, I hope you are incorrect with this answer. I gave Mandoo my credit card info (you can call him on the phone at night) and it is just to hold your reservation. If you don't show up, you don't pay - at least that was the impression I got from Mandoo himself.

Also, what I do not understand is that some folks on our rollcall were required to give a CCard, others were not.

I did our booking via email, not through his site.

per Denboy "When is your cruise going to Grenada, is there long enough to forward a cheque if you are unhappy about giving your credit card details although I would say Mandoo is 100% trustworthy.

It will be no problem regarding which beach you want to visit, he will take to whichever of the two you like, they are only a few minutes drive apart."

Well denboy, I hope you are incorrect with this answer. I gave Mandoo my credit card info (you can call him on the phone at night) and it is just to hold your reservation. If you don't show up, you don't pay - at least that was the impression I got from Mandoo himself.

Also, what I do not understand is that some folks on our rollcall were required to give a CCard, others were not.

I did our booking via email, not through his site.

I think my response has to a certain extent been misinterpreted so I will give mandoo a call and get him to clarify the point for me so that we can be sure i am giving a 100% correct answer so if you bear with me for a couple of days on that one I will post the outcome

Thank you. I will await to hear your response.

:)

I have now spoken to Mandoo, he tells me that he has only recently started asking for credit card details so this maybe why some people have been asked and others haven't.

If people don't show up he doesn't charge them even if he has been given their credit card details.

Mandoo also tells me that there has been a number of occassions when people have booked tours but not turned and not had the courtesy to tell him in advance which has on occassion cost Mandoo money which he has not recouped.

It is my personal view that Mandoo should have some sort of policy whereby he at least takes a deposit which is non returnable if people just do not show up, if people inform him in advance that is a different story.

(booking the actual cruise requires a deposit with payment in full so many weeks beforehand with a tiered chargerate for late cancellations so should the principles not be the same- it being a matter of scale).

Going back to credit cards Mandoo is aware that some people are unsure about giving their details, is there a way that fear can be overcome?

In raising these points with Mandoo he asked me if I thought he should have a cancellations policy to which I replied I thought he probably should and I would give some thought to how it should read.

Seeing as the members of CC are all potential customers for him perhaps we could debate what you think would be a fair policy for both parties, I would welcome as many peoples views as possible to see what the concensus is.

I await your views one and all.

Thanks, denboy. I totally agree that there should be a policy for no shows.

That happens all the time, even at weddings at $100 a plate :D

As to the amount, well that is tough. My tour is $45pp. What is fair and reasonable to me may not be to others, but I will stick my neck out and say

$15pp,* non-refundable deposit for NO SHOWS. You should be able to cancel up to 24 hours ahead as with the ships excursions.

If the ship is a No Show, the public should not be charged as it is something that is not under their control. That is a hazard of doing business and the tour operator {Mandoo} is the risk taker in this instance, not the general public.

* If I do not show up as one person, I am only out $15. If a group decides to hire and take up half or more of his tour bus, than it could be costly and at least Mandoo can recoup 33% of his money.

He needs to make sure his website is secure and has a form to be completed which will include the Credit Card #s, but will only show the last 3 or 4 once the form is saved and sent.

The form should state the rules. Other tours charge ahead of time.

But if he puts this on the credit card immediately, he needs to make sure that he credits immediately also. Ahhhh, more bookkeeping:rolleyes:

Right now the problem is what happened a few weeks ago with a driver that was not good and he possibly may have lost some business. Mandoo may have to address that as well when people complain. :)

JMHO

Thanks, denboy. I totally agree that there should be a policy for no shows.

That happens all the time, even at weddings at $100 a plate :D

As to the amount, well that is tough. My tour is $45pp. What is fair and reasonable to me may not be to others, but I will stick my neck out and say

$15pp,* non-refundable deposit for NO SHOWS. You should be able to cancel up to 24 hours ahead as with the ships excursions.

If the ship is a No Show, the public should not be charged as it is something that is not under their control. That is a hazard of doing business and the tour operator {Mandoo} is the risk taker in this instance, not the general public.

* If I do not show up as one person, I am only out $15. If a group decides to hire and take up half or more of his tour bus, than it could be costly and at least Mandoo can recoup 33% of his money.

He needs to make sure his website is secure and has a form to be completed which will include the Credit Card #s, but will only show the last 3 or 4 once the form is saved and sent.

The form should state the rules. Other tours charge ahead of time.

But if he puts this on the credit card immediately, he needs to make sure that he credits immediately also. Ahhhh, more bookkeeping:rolleyes:

Right now the problem is what happened a few weeks ago with a driver that was not good and he possibly may have lost some business. Mandoo may have to address that as well when people complain. :)

JMHO

Hi Northender,

Thanks for your input. It is helpful to know how the ship excursions work so can take that into account and yes I agree on the point of a ship not showing.

I also take your point about a secure site if credit card payment is to be asked for.

The problem that arose a few weeks ago was addressed by Mandoo and I seem to remember someone posted the outcome in another thread.

Once again thank you for your input and it would be good to hear from others their views on this issue.

Archived