Divina Enhancements - Prepay or onboard?

bblasko

Our first ever cruise will be the April 1st sailing of the Divina. I've done a ton of research and am almost ready, but have some questions about the best time to purchase the enhancements offered by MSC.

+++Drink Package+++

I have this figured out. We're definitely using the voucher system and I plan to purchase these prior to boarding to save the 15% service charge. There's just no way we'll drink enough of the all inclusive to make it worth how much we'd have to pay for a family of 4 ($960)!

+++Spa Package+++

Definitely waiting until onboard to buy this. I read that they run daily discounts throughout the course of the sailing; sometimes as much as half off!

+++Internet+++

I know they're offering an increase in allowed data if prepaid. Does anyone know if they offer better deals once onboard or should I just prepay?

+++Teen Pass+++

This is a card with a limited amount of spending money added for your teen to make his or her own onboard purchases. I was told that if you wait until you're onboard, they offer a deal that includes free arcade games. Can anyone confirm this?

I prepaid for the massage package. There are days where they offer discounts on massages but on our cruise, the 50% off was on the last day when we were in port at Nassau. The rest of the time you will see specials of 30% off plus they add a 15% service fee because you are paying on the ship. If you are looking to save money, buy a prepaid package.

Don't book online in the last couple of weeks before you cruise.

I did in December, two weeks before we sailed and couldn't print out our documents and luggage tags. The website said that we had an unpaid balance.

I found their customer service over the phone to be quite good. I had problems booking a couple of things online, but when I called they quickly took care of things. They even emailed me updated documents to print when I prepaid for something 9 days before our cruise.