NCL getaway stateroom choice

gretchenemma27

Hello all! So my hubby and I are all booked for our cruise on the Getaway in November, now my mother wants to book a room for her, my father, and my two sisters( ages 21 and 15). She is debating whether she should book a balcony or mini suit vs 2 inside rooms. Which would be be most economical way to go about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would price it out. I think they would get better perks by booking a balcony - 3rd 4th person free. The inside stateroom only allows for one perk while the balcony allows for two. The only difference between the balcony and mini suite is the bathroom on the mini suite has two sinks. The balcony rooms are a tight fit for 4 grown adults. We traveled the getaway last nov., with just myself, hubby and 4 year old and that was enough.

1 room is most likely, but not always, cheaper.... but, personally I'd take the 2 insides over it. 4 adults in a non suite room is crowded and everyone shares 1 bathroom. Plus with 2 insides everyone can have a perk. W a balcony you get 2 perks but they only apply to the first 2 passengers. So 2 people in room can have UBP AND SDP and the other 2 get nothing. Doesn't matter if u r getting internet or shore excursions though.

Might also want to consider the family oceanviews on deck 5. These rooms are good sized especially the bathroom. Tub with glass doors and two sinks. Still only one bath though. I think oceanview gets 2 perks also but only for guests 1 and 2. My son had one of these rooms for the 4 of them. At the time he booked kids sail free was one of the options. Not all cruises have this as a promo. These rooms seemed bigger than the balconies. If kids sail free is not an option on your cruise I think I would consider 2 insides. Would give everyone a little more space and privacy. As someone else mentioned, check the prices for all options. Also if you booked 2 insides your mom and dad and 21 year old sister could all get the UBP if that was important to them. I wonder if they would give your underage sister the other UBP for soft drinks and mocktails.

Edited by tartan cruiser

I wonder if they would give your underage sister the other UBP for soft drinks and mocktails.

As much as it sucks, the wording is that passengers under 21 will get the soda package; and especially since they don't have a deluxe non-alcoholic bev plan; doubt very much if there's any way for the 15 year old to get included mocktails.

That's what I suspected but I've never checked the wording since it never effected us. Thanks for the heads up regarding the UBP. Personally I wouldn't feel it's cheating if one of the others would occasionally get a mocktail for her if she wanted one. JMHO. Who knows what their choice would be anyway.