Allure San Juan Shore Excursion Question

Hi everyone,

I tried emailing RCCL about this, and they have not responded "within 24 hours" as they promised (as that would have been around 2pm today), so I thought I would reach out to the experts on here to see if you can help.

I'll be in San Juan on Allure 06/01 and my itinerary says we will be in port from 7am to 3pm. We are interested in the El Yunque Rainforest drive excursion, listed with a 4 hour duration. My question is this: does anyone know the approximate departure time of this excursion? This is our first time in San Juan, and we are trying to figure out if we will be able to go on this excursion and still have time to walk around town on our own (perhaps see one or both of the forts) after this excursion concludes.

Are we being too ambitious to think we can fit in this 4-hour excursion and the forts?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Thanks so much - I will try that. Didn't think about looking for a brochure... I've just been looking at the short descriptions available in Cruise Planner.

Please report back, I'm, curious if the brochure gives you more detailed info.

I found on the excursions I booked you can see the times the excursion is offered before the payment screen. You might need to remove it from your cart too after mock booking it if you don't purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please report back, I'm, curious if the brochure gives you more detailed info.

It did give more info! Before you download it, you choose your specific ship and sail date, and it shows you everything for your cruise and gives departure times along with duration. I also found what jll583 mentioned once I added it to my cart. Not sure why I didn't think of doing a mock booking for the shore excursion to find the departure time! (Of course, the RCCL agent in shore excursions I spoke to didn't think of suggesting that either - her recommendation was to email them and wait on a reply.)

We are now booked for our San Juan excursion at sale prices! :D Looking forward to a very full day of sightseeing that day.

Try looking in the brochure, you can download it here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions/downloadBrochure/view.do

This is the first time I've ever seen this link. Thank you Bob! It is much easier to browse through than the Cruise planner.

It did give more info! Before you download it, you choose your specific ship and sail date, and it shows you everything for your cruise and gives departure times along with duration. I also found what jll583 mentioned once I added it to my cart. Not sure why I didn't think of doing a mock booking for the shore excursion to find the departure time! (Of course, the RCCL agent in shore excursions I spoke to didn't think of suggesting that either - her recommendation was to email them and wait on a reply.)

We are now booked for our San Juan excursion at sale prices! :D Looking forward to a very full day of sightseeing that day.

I'm on this sailing also and plan on doing the forts with my 17 year old grandsons. Come join the roll call (link in my signature). Glad you were able to get the sale prices.

~ Judy

This is the first time I've ever seen this link. Thank you Bob! It is much easier to browse through than the Cruise planner....

You're welcome. I've found that the link malfunctions from time to time. If so, just try again in a day or so.

• 4 weeks later...
Try looking in the brochure, you can download it here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/shoreExcursions/downloadBrochure/view.do

Thanks for that link Bob! Big help to me; I saved it as a pdf so I didn't have to print out all 102 pages, and I don't have to worry about the link not working next time I visit.

We like knowing when we book what time the excursion will be...not big fans of having to be up and out super early when on vacation...LOL