Help - Honeymoon Cabin Selection

Cruising Newbie

Hello Everyone,

I have never set foot on a cruise ship in my life. Yet, I have decided to book a 14-night Hawaiian circle cruise on the Celebrity Infinity (Oct 22, 2006)for my honeymoon. I would like to book a stateroom with a veranda. However, I have no idea which area or side of the ship is best, which decks are better than which and if I should book in Concierge class or not.

If there is anyone out there who can provide any assistance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance,

Cruising Newbie

Since you'll be sailing on Infinity, see if you can get one of the aft CC cabins. That way you'll get pillow-top mattresses plus a verandah that is larger than the standard listed verandah size.

I second Leela's choice. Do your best to snag any of the following cabins and I think you'll be very happy. Each of these is of the type she mentions -- the "CC" is an abbreviation for "Concierge Class".

In the event that none of these are available, write back -- there are some other cabins in this same class that are also "above average" that you should consider.

Nothing available on the rear of the ship. However, I was looking at room# 8146 which is a deluxe ocean view room on the panorama deck. Judging from the deck plans, the balcony seems to be significantly larger than most cabins in this class.

Any opinions on this location?

I guess I stick out like a sore thumb because I haven't been on enough boats to start using nautical terms (aft, etc...).

Considering that you have never sailed before, and the first days at sea to Hawaii can be rough, I suggest you go for a stable, midship location, half way down and up, and half way front to back, just in case. There are a series of 2C veranda cabins on the 6th deck (Penthouse) that ride like a dream midship, some of which have larger balconies. Look at the deck plan for Infinity on Celebrity.com or travelocity etc. and you can see exactly where you will be, and if there are any cabins available in this category. There are also some CC cabins in this vecinity. Very quiet deck. Happy honeymoon.

Nothing available on the rear of the ship. However, I was looking at room# 8146 which is a deluxe ocean view room on the panorama deck. Judging from the deck plans, the balcony seems to be significantly larger than most cabins in this class.

Any opinions on this location?

I guess I stick out like a sore thumb because I haven't been on enough boats to start using nautical terms (aft, etc...).

Here's the larger list of options for CC cabins. Another suggestion -- and I don't know how you're booking your cruise -- but Celebrity does not display all of the unsold inventory for their cruises, nor do they even control it all. Various TA's or their consortiums may hold some of that inventory. You may have to shop around just a little bit to find a particular cabin. We can't post names of specific travel agents here, but I do know one that tends to latch onto these early.

I checked all the cabins you listed, Canderson, with no success. All booked up! Any other suggestions in the CC or Deluxe class. Is it worth it to move up to CC class? What are your thoughts on 8146?

Thanks,

Crusing Newbie

If you find yourself going for a Category 2, here's yet another list of cabins that are "special", and not all of these are at all obvious from any of the deck plans any of us have seen posted -- those are from the personal experience of various people here. Your choice of 8146 won't get you quite as big a cabin as one in the prior list, but you will have a larger than normal veranda there.

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

Archived