More Information on RCCL Cruise Tour Land Portion?

handbellplayer

I am planning on booking a RCCL Alaska cruise tour in August 2018. I am trying to find out some details about the land portion. The information on the RCCL web site is very brief and vague. Is there a place where I can find more information such as hours at each stop, what tours are included, etc.?

I had the same questions about our tour and unfortunately wasn't able to get much info ahead of time from RCI. Here is a link to my blog that has the info we received, after we arrived, about the land portion. It is a few years old but will hopefully give you an idea.

http://ocdplannercindy.blogspot.com/#!/2014/04/2013-alaska-cruise-tour-land-tour.html

There is a separate blog post on each day, port, excursion as including tons of pictures, food menus/prices, hotel pictures, train schedules, excursions we did thru the tour as well as ones we booked ourselves outside of RCI. Lots of pre-cruise planning info on ways to save money also.

Happy Planning!

Cindy

I am planning on booking a RCCL Alaska cruise tour in August 2018. I am trying to find out some details about the land portion. The information on the RCCL web site is very brief and vague. Is there a place where I can find more information such as hours at each stop, what tours are included, etc.?

Good morning,

We are going on a 19 day cruisetour on the Radiance in late July. We also were frustrated about the lack of information given. I called to see if we would get a detailed package before the trip- "No"- so here is the best information I have found. On your booking page ***** the RC site on the right side is an area that says cruise documents- and see or print your cruise itinerary. That is the most detailed- even lists some of the hotels we are staying at. Also on a recent cruise at Next Cruises area was a great brochure on Alaska and some great pictures and information.

I have called Cruisetours for detailed information several times- and they are very nice- but I have given them information - they really did not have the answers. We are doing 6 days Denali pre-cruise and Vancouver to Canadian Rockies ending in Calgary post cruise.

Also the message boards for this sailing has minimal activity- thought it would be an active one. I started in about a year ago when I booked- and we our still on page 1!!

The agenda looks great. I would be happy to give you information- especially in August after trip. In the meantime I will answer what I can as I am actively working on the details now. Looking forward to this journey and good luck to you.

Fran

Good morning,

We are going on a 19 day cruisetour on the Radiance in late July. We also were frustrated about the lack of information given. I called to see if we would get a detailed package before the trip- "No"- so here is the best information I have found. On your booking page ***** the RC site on the right side is an area that says cruise documents- and see or print your cruise itinerary. That is the most detailed- even lists some of the hotels we are staying at. Also on a recent cruise at Next Cruises area was a great brochure on Alaska and some great pictures and information.

I have called Cruisetours for detailed information several times- and they are very nice- but I have given them information - they really did not have the answers. We are doing 6 days Denali pre-cruise and Vancouver to Canadian Rockies ending in Calgary post cruise.

Also the message boards for this sailing has minimal activity- thought it would be an active one. I started in about a year ago when I booked- and we our still on page 1!!

The agenda looks great. I would be happy to give you information- especially in August after trip. In the meantime I will answer what I can as I am actively working on the details now. Looking forward to this journey and good luck to you.

Fran

Thanks, Fran! I may take you up on your offer to answer questions after your cruise. We plan to do a day or two post-cruise in Vancouver, but I'll just plan those myself.

Anne

Thanks, Fran! I may take you up on your offer to answer questions after your cruise. We plan to do a day or two post-cruise in Vancouver, but I'll just plan those myself.

Anne

In the event I do not return to this board after the trip- my email is skistork at aol dot com. Not uncommon after all the plannning then the trip I would not be searching that board.

We did a RCCL cruise tour (12 night) in 2016. The good news is that the trip was great. The cruise tour was well organized and our guides were very helpful. The bad news is I also couldn't get any answers before we left; not from RCCL on the phone, or from their the website. Very frustrating that even on our ship (we cruised before the land portion) the ship guest services could not answer a single basic question about anything with the land tour. Lots of room for improvement here by RCCL.... However as I said the trip was great and I would likely book with them again. I can answer any specific questions you may have (if I remember !)

Thank you to all who replied. We ended up booking an almost identical cruise tour on Celebrity for almost $2000 less + a free drink package. Since we are Diamond on RCCL, we will be Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity provides a little more info on the land portion, but not much. I will rely on the experience of so many wonderful CC members to fill in the blanks. Even those who were disappointed in the amount of available information say that everything turned out fine on their land portions. Although I'm a bit of a control freak, I will try to relax!

Thank you to all who replied. We ended up booking an almost identical cruise tour on Celebrity for almost $2000 less + a free drink package. Since we are Diamond on RCCL, we will be Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity provides a little more info on the land portion, but not much. I will rely on the experience of so many wonderful CC members to fill in the blanks. Even those who were disappointed in the amount of available information say that everything turned out fine on their land portions. Although I'm a bit of a control freak, I will try to relax!

Wow, that sounds like an excellent choice. We were on Radiance in AK but have been on Solstice class before and they are great ships ! I wouldn't worry too much. As you know ship's excursions sell out, but I got the impression this is not really a problem for the land tour excursions. On our RC tour our guide who was on the coach with us handled all the excursion reservations. I really didn't hear about anyone not getting an excursion they were interested in. Perhaps they have spots reserved for each coach or something. We really didn't do any excursions on the land portion other than the Denali upgrade. We spent our money on the excursions at the ship's ports of call. For the land portion we mostly did day hikes, etc. There was excellent trails, etc. at almost every stop.

Wow, that sounds like an excellent choice. We were on Radiance in AK but have been on Solstice class before and they are great ships ! I wouldn't worry too much. As you know ship's excursions sell out, but I got the impression this is not really a problem for the land tour excursions. On our RC tour our guide who was on the coach with us handled all the excursion reservations. I really didn't hear about anyone not getting an excursion they were interested in. Perhaps they have spots reserved for each coach or something. We really didn't do any excursions on the land portion other than the Denali upgrade. We spent our money on the excursions at the ship's ports of call. For the land portion we mostly did day hikes, etc. There was excellent trails, etc. at almost every stop.

Thanks! Great information!