SG cabins on Sun

buggins0402

Booked a cruise much earlier than I usually do...2-16-2019 Sun S America cruise, Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. The prices on the forward PH suites seemed reasonable compared to 2018 prices and the preceding cruise in February so I bit on one.

I booked 9003 blindly ( basically direction ship was going so I figured farthest port cabin would be nice)...but they are all wide open on 8 or 9 right now. Know it will probably be a rocky ride given itinerary in any of these cabins.

Question...are any of them better than one of the others? It appears I have my choice right now. I know aft would probably be a smoother ride, but I hit my budget limit. Oddly, a minisuite would be the same price right now...am I missing something other than cabin location?

The footprint of 9002 looks to be smaller in cabin and bigger in balcony.

Booked a cruise much earlier than I usually do...2-16-2019 Sun S America cruise, Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. The prices on the forward PH suites seemed reasonable compared to 2018 prices and the preceding cruise in February so I bit on one.

I booked 9003 blindly ( basically direction ship was going so I figured farthest port cabin would be nice)...but they are all wide open on 8 or 9 right now. Know it will probably be a rocky ride given itinerary in any of these cabins.

Question...are any of them better than one of the others? It appears I have my choice right now. I know aft would probably be a smoother ride, but I hit my budget limit. Oddly, a minisuite would be the same price right now...am I missing something other than cabin location?

The footprint of 9002 looks to be smaller in cabin and bigger in balcony.

I'd love to 'round the horn on Sun but airfare too $$$.

Wouldn't a forward PH be windy and cold down there, especially when ship is moving?

Just a thought;)

I stayed in 9202 last summer in Alaska. It was a smaller room but the balcony was large. I prefer that to the smaller balcony/larger room, but it's a personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. It's a 14 day cruise with a lot of sea days, so the larger cabin might work in this case. A fair number of ports are tender, so the priority tendering might be nice on this itinerary. The pole in 9003 does look a little strange.

How was the wind? The few reviews that I could find on these cabins said the balconies were surprisingly well protected from the wind.

Looking at the Sun's deck plans, it appears NCL left the forward observation lounge....correct? It would be a nice feature on this itinerary. The Princess ship doing this itinerary appears not to have a forward lounge.

I might have tried to stretch for an aft PH...but I want to leave some money in the overall budget for a flight where we will turn left upon entering the plane (if I can get at least one ticket on points).:)

The wind wasn't bad on the balcony, but we only had one sea day and spent most of it around the ship.

I can say the balcony was great for viewing the glaciers.

There is a forward lounge on the Sun, but I don't know that we ever went in. The balcony was great for photography.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums