Baltimore staggered check in - details please

sprite

Just got email from Carnival explains that terminal doors open at 12:30 and boarding begins at 2.

We have the 12:30 check in window.

How does the staggered check in work? Will we be in a long line at the terminal doors waiting to get in but stuck behind passengers with a later check in? At what point in the process do they confirm your check in window time? Are you finding that passengers abide by the process and/or Carnival enforces it?

Thank you all, this process is new so I'm very curious and a serious planner. Need to be able to allay concerns of impatient DH and children (I can only use the "quit complaining, you're going a cruise" response so many times)!

I would not worry about the check in time on your boarding documents as they are fairly much ignored and never enforced. Most people arrive for check in at a time that is convenient for them.

I am surprised that your cruise check in doesn't start until 12:30 because usually most sailings check in starts around 10:00 with boarding starting around 11:00.

My guess would be with that late of of a check in start that would be a lot of people all ready waiting at time.

Enjoy your cruise.

I would not worry about the check in time on your boarding documents as they are fairly much ignored and never enforced. Most people arrive for check in at a time that is convenient for them.

I am surprised that your cruise check in doesn't start until 12:30 because usually most sailings check in starts around 10:00 with boarding starting around 11:00.

My guess would be with that late of of a check in start that would be a lot of people all ready waiting at time.

Enjoy your cruise.

You realize that the Pride doesn't even get in until between 9 and 10 right?

Enjoy your cruise.

Boarding times are not ignored anymore. We were on the Pride April 2nd and they did not even open the doors to the building until 12:00. Then the people holding Priority boarding passes were let in and the others could not enter until 12:30. There were hundreds of people waiting outside of the building which seems crazy since there are hundreds of empty seats inside of the building. Even then, the guests from the previous cruise were still disembarking. The new arrival time for Baltimore is now 10:00am and the departure time is 5:00pm. The ramp to get on the ship is now fixed.