Do the Bacon and Sausages sailing from Southampton differ from USA sailings?

Just to add to all the others but on our RCCL European sailings "American" Bacon was actually labeled "American" bacon on the buffet where as the just bacon was the rasher kind. They also had sausage with casing and then "breakfast" sausage which is the standard links they have on cruises from Florida. On our Southampton departure, the main dining room also had a savory "Pie of the Day" each night.

Regarding the skinless sausages being referred to as "American". I have yet to run into those in the USA and always assumed they were a Caribean invention. Can anyone confirm they've eaten these on land?

Yes these are common in the major supermarkets. They are usually pre-cooked heat and serve-Royal's seem to have slightly better texture, but I prefer the ones with casing.

Just to add to all the others but on our RCCL European sailings "American" Bacon was actually labeled "American" bacon on the buffet where as the just bacon was the rasher kind. They also had sausage with casing and then "breakfast" sausage which is the standard links they have on cruises from Florida. On our Southampton departure, the main dining room also had a savory "Pie of the Day" each night.

No one has spoken about BUBBLE AND SQUEAK and a pair of fried eggs sunny side up yet, yesterdays greens mashed up with potato and fried till golden brown and washed down with a mug of strong tea :D

I was at Universal Studios at the Leaky Cauldron having breakfast and was looking forward to my dark chocolate pudding at breakfast. Imagine my horror. Black pudding is not chocolate pudding! On the MSC cruise I wanted grits. I'm from the South. Semolina is a poor substitute. It's cooked pasta flour. I try to taste something unusual on every cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes!

I enjoy them as a Brit, but probably not something that most Americans would like.

I'm about as American as they get (but of Polish descent) so I loved having black pudding on our cruise out of Barcelona. (It's not quite the same as Polish kiszka, but it is a fair substitute. I live far from Polish enclaves in Detroit or Chicago so I have to get my black sausage fix when I can.)

I've only ever sailed out of the U.K. On RCI. I'm vegetarian so I can't comment on how the bacon/sausages etc taste but my OH says they're fine. If memory serves there's 2 or 3 types of savage available in the Windjammer at breakfast time, 2 regular and one turkey or chicken sausage.

Anytime we've been onboard The Pie Shop has always been less than busy, overpriced and unappetising. It doesn't look right, all the style and colours ( colors for my North American friends ) you would associate with a bakery and cupcakes but with pies on display :confused: On our last cruise on Indy they had a blackboard with the pie menu written on, no permanent signage, all temporary and easily removed for a quick change back into Cupcake Cupboard. I'll be on Indy on Friday so I'll have another look to see if anything has changed re breakfast.