Our Day in Belize

vacationlady

We booked a tour with Coral Breeze and I did a write up along with pictures on my blog you can read about it here. http://winenchocolate.com/our-day-in-belize/

We did the Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration. It was a great tour and much cheaper than what the boat tour was. Remember you stay on ship time vs Belize time, so beware of that when planning tours. Belize was an hour behind ship time.

I was seriously thinking about doing this tour. Then I read reviews on Carnivals website about their snorkeling excursion and Caye Caulker and a ton of people said it was super crowded on the boats and not good snorkeling and then a waste of time on Caye Caulker. So now I'm reconsidering doing this. Is Coral Breeze REALLY that much better?

Not sure if it's "better" but it will probably be a smaller group and will definitely be less expensive. We did the CoralBreeze Island escape (which is the same as the shark ray alley tour, but you get dropped off on Caye Caulker before they head out to snorkel). We loved it. Rented a golf cart - CB did that for us (radioed ahead) and we just explored the island for the day. It was awesome.

It is definitely a much smaller group than a cruise ship tour. The snorkeling will depend on the current, but you get to spend time with the rays and sharks before moving on to the snorkeling site about five minutes away. As far as Caye Caulker, we only had about an hour or so. It gave us time to eat, as they had the food ready when we returned, and then walked around before it was time to get back on the boat. Enough time to get a feel for the island but not enough time to see much. We had a good time and would do it again.

Not sure if it's "better" but it will probably be a smaller group and will definitely be less expensive. We did the CoralBreeze Island escape (which is the same as the shark ray alley tour, but you get dropped off on Caye Caulker before they head out to snorkel). We loved it. Rented a golf cart - CB did that for us (radioed ahead) and we just explored the island for the day. It was awesome.

It is definitely a much smaller group than a cruise ship tour. The snorkeling will depend on the current, but you get to spend time with the rays and sharks before moving on to the snorkeling site about five minutes away. As far as Caye Caulker, we only had about an hour or so. It gave us time to eat, as they had the food ready when we returned, and then walked around before it was time to get back on the boat. Enough time to get a feel for the island but not enough time to see much. We had a good time and would do it again.

Thanks to both! We're signed up so hopefully all goes well. We've done the cave tubing and have seen enough ruins on our previous cruises to other places so those don't interest us at all. This is about all that's left in Belize to do...