Seaside Fantastica Balcony vs. Aurea Balcony

Sherette7769

First time cruisers on MSC. We can't decide if the extra cost from Fantastica to Aurea is worth the cost. We're planning a 15 day in March/April, so they don't offer the meal time drink package with this sailing (although they do if you only take the 7 day). Any recommendations on which way we should go? Other than the unlimited drinks, is there any other perks that should seal the deal?

Absolutely!! Also included in the Aurea experience is the spa perks. Each guest is entitled to a massage and access to the thermal spa. You also get anytime dining for dinner which is in a dedicated area on deck 5 in the Black Crab dining room. I loved anytime dining because we never waited for water or wine. Our waiter and his assistant had our wine chilling before we even arrived and kept our water glasses full at all times. You get access to the sundeck. We didn't use it much since there is only a hot tub, no pool, but it was nice that it was adult only. The unlimited drinks were great too because you don't have to worry about having a high bar bill at the end of the cruise. There are other little perks but those were my favorites!! You will enjoy no matter which you decide on!

We had the Aurea experience on our 4/15 cruise and loved it, but booked the Seaside balcony for next spring break. We will upgrade the mealtime drink package to the all inclusive one for my husband and myself, and give our tickets to our son...he doesn't drink alcohol. There are some great spa deals most days, so will pay for a massage if I want. My normal practice is to get the cheapest room I'm happy with so that I can take cruises more often. We always book two cabins so that adds to our cost.

First time cruisers on MSC. We can't decide if the extra cost from Fantastica to Aurea is worth the cost. We're planning a 15 day in March/April, so they don't offer the meal time drink package with this sailing (although they do if you only take the 7 day). Any recommendations on which way we should go? Other than the unlimited drinks, is there any other perks that should seal the deal?

Could you book two 7 night cruises, i.e. B2B as it's known on here? Incidentally, those cruises are being sold in Ireland as All Inclusive, even the 14 nighter. I have considered Aurea each time but it's just not worth the €600+ each for the drinks, the sundeck and a bit of flexibility in dining. I will say I would like the priority boarding etc but, hey ho! Ken

Could you book two 7 night cruises, i.e. B2B as it's known on here? Incidentally, those cruises are being sold in Ireland as All Inclusive, even the 14 nighter. I have considered Aurea each time but it's just not worth the €600+ each for the drinks, the sundeck and a bit of flexibility in dining. I will say I would like the priority boarding etc but, hey ho! Ken

I did look into booking B2B, but the cost was more than just going with the Aurea to begin with. Wish they were booking All Inclusive state side, but that must just be a perk to make the travel from Europe more appealing. The cost between the two levels is a big difference in price, so I guess we have to decide how much those extra perks mean to us. :confused: