Spa pass on the Escape

We had them on breakaway and loved it. The thermal room is a great place to get some quiet. The pool in there is great, as are the sauna and steam, but our favorite part are the heated recliners and the regular recliners. It's quiet and there aren't kids. I work in an elementary school, so no kids is a huge thing for me (love kids, but the point of my vacation is no kids).

Anyways, it was the first thing I did when we booked our cruise for escape, and we are even more excited- the loungers are raised so the issue of the pool overflowing and getting the floor wet won't be an issue like the breakaway. Plus there looks like more loungers from the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can someone give me some info on this? Thinking about getting it so I can spend some time with my mom,.as she cant spend much time in the sun!! It looks nice!

I have booked the spa pass on the Escape a few times. I am a sun person but love the spa as well. The atmosphere is usually quiet, therapeutic and a great place to relax. It does get crowded at certain times and people hog the heated loungers which have a 30 minute time limit. After waiting over an hour, I did go to desk and ask for assistance. A manager said there was nothing she could do, but she did come back into the spa and asked each and every person ( who was awake) to limit use to 30 minutes. Several people got up and gave up the lounger but others ignored her. The large hot tub is one of the best with very powerful jets, lots of different areas to relax including the area where you can lounge. All of the other rooms always have available space and the ice room is fun. The saunas, salt room etc are also great. There are usually empty padded loungers available except for sea days. I usually visited around 5-7 ish after sun time and before dinner. I even showered in the BIG locker room showers and returned to my stateroom in a robe ready to dress for dinner. So basically I say "go for it" but buy in advance as it has been sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

i have mulitple scerosis, and really heat , makes my muscles weak, however, the thalossophy pool looks and the fact loungers, i won't do the heated ones, but my husband would enjoy, the fact its quiet , is also a plus,, I don't really know anything about the Escape, so any info i would appreciate it, thank you

Kathy

The Spa on the Escape is beautiful. If you are looking for a quiet and tranquil experience you may be disappointed. I had reserved a Spa Pass on the Escape last May (prior to sailing) and it wasn't quite what I expected. It is definitely a livelier environment than I imagined it would be. If you are seeking a quiet, tranquil spa experience I suggest you peek in/ take a look at different times before purchasing the Spa Pass for the entire cruise.

We are sailing this June on this fabulous ship...and I'll be checking out what the Spa has to offer.

The Spa on the Escape is beautiful. If you are looking for a quiet and tranquil experience you may be disappointed. I had reserved a Spa Pass on the Escape last May (prior to sailing) and it wasn't quite what I expected. It is definitely a livelier environment than I imagined it would be. If you are seeking a quiet, tranquil spa experience I suggest you peek in/ take a look at different times before purchasing the Spa Pass for the entire cruise.

We are sailing this June on this fabulous ship...and I'll be checking out what the Spa has to offer.

I'd be interested in what you find out, do you think a weekly pass or just a few days ? As i like the pool, but the looks I've seen are terribly crowded , and i can get around well on scooter with finding chair and than into pool, do its a question for me :)

I'd be interested in what you find out, do you think a weekly pass or just a few days ? As i like the pool, but the looks I've seen are terribly crowded , and i can get around well on scooter with finding chair and than into pool, do its a question for me :)

It is very rare to be able to purchase anything but a weekly pass.

We bought two weeks on our April transatlantic on the Epic and loved it. We have just booked a spa cabin on the Escape and can only say great things about our past experience. Looking forward to this cruise on the Escape in October.

While there are no guarantees for day passes - you can get them on port days. Last year I got a day spa pass on Escape for $54 in port. But I went there right when they opened at 8am. Might not be able to get a pass multiple days but certainly have a shot on port days.

if you have the weekly spa pass, do they have ( spa area ) where if you want you can sit outside and get a little sun, or do you have to go to those public areas ? I enjoy some sun,, but got to make sure i have a sit or lounger , any suggestions or answers ?

We did the Escape thermal spa pass in March. We don't lay out in the sun, as my husband becomes a lobster, so the spa is perfect for us. And I LOVE the heated loungers. The Escape spa offers more things, like the salt and snow rooms, so I think that is why the pass is more expensive than I found on the Jewel class ships. I think it is open longer hours, too. As for the noise....if the water is running in the pool or the jets are on in the hot tub, it can get noisy. Sometimes the patrons get noisy, but we didn't find that to be the norm (and the single time I remember that happening, the spa personnel asked them to quiet down). And, there were many times when there were only a few others in the area. They have tea and infused water available, along with oranges to eat. We tried to go every day. I buy the week pass on line as soon as available, as I made the mistake of thinking that I would have access with spa services (you don't), so missed out on the reduced price (save by buying on line prior--I think about $20pp). I don't recall any area for sunning; just lots of big windows to enjoy the views! It was a great place to relax and read.