Ever called and asked to be moved from your assigned GTY room?

WeatherGeek

We just did and it was surprisingly no problem at all! Fiance explained to them very calmly and politely that sleeping next door to my PARENTS on our HONEYMOON was not cool! I realize they're under no obligation to move us since we were booked in a GTY (as were my parents), which makes me all the more grateful that whichever PVP my fiance spoke to was very understanding and moved my parents far away from us :D

I wish I'd have thought to have him get the PVP's name, but I was too busy hysterically crying from just finding out my room was right next to my parents room to care ;)

Calm down. It's a family cruise. :rolleyes:

LMAO, and that is why you asked to be moved :p

Technically, they shouldn't change it, and they say they won't... you got lucky. You book a guarantee, you take your chances. Your bookings were probably linked so they thought they were doing you a favor... probably thought if you were taking your parents along on your honeymoon that you wanted to be close... congrats on getting the move. Next time, don't link the bookings or book together... or book specific cabins. If the ship was full, you would have had trouble...

We love our families and are so super excited that they're cruising with us. We just don't want to be next door to them :p We were perfectly fine in our 8A cabin but then they had to go and move us into that 8B....

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family... we work together 12 hours a day and still spend weekends together, we cruise together and travel together at least 6 times a year.... but I just didn't want them on my honeymoon with me :p I'm sure you will have a great time!! Enjoy!!!

Thanks! We will! It's funny how this worked out because it's at the same time my fiance's family does their yearly family vacation. They're scattered all over the US, so it's hard for them to get togehter and see each other. They all know to leave the newlyweds alone. If the ship's a rockin....well, go to the Purser's desk and ask for Bonine :D

I didnt, but a friend of ours did--we were traveling together--he was way forward and 3 decks above us--we had an aft balcony (that we had picked)

They were able to move him aft (inside, that's he had a gty for) just one deck above us.

So it sure wont hurt to try.

Archived