boarding question

Hi Jeeppartsman,

They will look at your documents, swipe your credit card, hand you your Sign and Sail cards and you are on your way. We used the Setsail form on our Sept 15 cruise on the Vision of the Seas. While it saves a few minutes per passenger the cumulative effect is that the check in process seemed more efficient and better organized.

Petert

Actually, you do not need an additional form of ID to get back on the ship. Your Sea Pass card is all that's needed as it contains your picture.

In Nassau and Cozumel last year we were required to show our seapass and an additional photo ID to get back to the ship. Some ports definitely require an additional piece of photo ID.

will copy of the passport work for additional id? i dont want to carry my dl if i dont have to

I don't know the answer to that for certain. I can tell you that as non-US citizens the cruise line always holds our passports or birth certificates for the entire cruise and just gives us a photo copy. Each time we went to a port that required the photo ID there were announcements and it was written in the Compass to be sure that everyone had their seapass and a photo ID with them. We always took our DL. I just assumed that the immigration people from the port would want the actual ID but I'm not certain about that.

Archived