is there still an online site that shows available staterooms?

I know a couple years back there was a website you could go to that would show you what staterooms on a particular ship/sailing/category was available. Anyone know if such a place still exists?

My problem is that I need to book 2 rooms (we'd prefer 1 oceanview with 1 inside across from it for the kids). I'm looking specifically at the Monarch 4 day out of LA this March. Most online sites I go to will take you through the booking process and then show you just a list of only 7 avail. staterooms to choose from and not list all of them that are available. Inevitably I find that the OV's are not located close to the insides that they choose to show me as available choices. I bet there are plenty others available that they're not showing so I could probably find 2 close to each other.... Anyone know where the site is that would help me? Thanks! :)

Suggest you actually ring RCL direct as what shows does not necessarily mean that that is all that is available.

If you are with a TA you can still ring RCL direct to "reserve" them and then tell your TA who will do the necessary.

I found it really frustrating but in the end my TA somehow was able to actually punch cabin numbers in on his computer and that told us what was vacant, hence my balcony cabin right on the aft.

Good luck

A travel agent can only tell by calling the cruise line itself on the rooms available... I worked as one for some 15 years.....best way is to call the cruise line and they can tell you the rooms they have (that is what the agent will have to also do to find out).

That explains it then - when I rang my TA to enquire about upgrading to an aft (this was probably the 4th call in 4 weeks and I spoke to another agent) he punched in all the cabin numbers on the aft until one showed available and hey presto we were booked, although he had to go downstairs to another computer to make the booking. The other TA just looked on the RCL website which showed which cabins were available and just kept saying none available.

Archived