Viking wines by the glass?

zitsky

I have been on Viking but don't know the answer. At dinner do they sell wines by the glass? I ask because I have an onboard credit but I haven't bought the Silver Spirits package. If you ask, will they show you the alternate wine list and let you choose? If you order something special, do you have to keep them from refilling it with the every day wine or will they figure it out soon enough?

My first trip I was happy just to drink whatever they served so this never came up. I ordered a few drinks at the bar and that was it.

Anyone know what champagne they serve? I'm on the Danube cruise.

Can't speak for Viking's Danube cruise, ours is booked for 2018. We have been on 4 other Viking cruises so far. They do sell wine by the glass in the lounge, so it seems to me you could get the same wine list at dinner. We have always bought the Silver Spirits package, and really enjoy ordering a different bottle of wine for dinner each night. If your cruise doesn't sell wine by the glass in the dining room, maybe you could get a glass in the lounge and carry it to dinner? The servers in the dining room usually remember if you have ordered something special to drink. As far as sparkling wine, on our recent cruise on the Rhone we saw the Viking house brand (for mimosas at breakfast), also Veuve Cliquot yellow label. There may have been others, but we didn't see them.