ship crew honesty

That is in your opinion.. some people like that stuff. If the person wants to have the waiter deliver the ring, it is up to him, all the op was asking is if it was safe, which in my OPINION it is.

When someone says, "I think" like I did in post #24 rather than "I know", that nornally means an opinion is involved.

If we removed all posts in this forum that were opinions we probably wouldn't have many posts remaining.:D

That is in your opinion.. some people like that stuff. If the person wants to have the waiter deliver the ring, it is up to him, all the op was asking is if it was safe, which in my OPINION it is.

When someone states "I thinK" like I did in post #24 rather than "I know" it usually means that the person is stating an opinion.

If all OPINIONS were removed from this forum there were be a lot fewer left behind.:D

When someone states "I thinK" like I did in post #24 rather than "I know" it usually means that the person is stating an opinion.

If all OPINIONS were removed from this forum there were be a lot fewer left behind.:D

Ya didn't have to say it twice :)

Only point I was getting at is that all the op wanted was advise on the safety of giving a ring to a waiter, not all the bashing about how to give the ring.

Maybe you don't have to be in the BUSY dining room. How about Chops? It's alot more romantic than the dining room and it's quiet (people wouldn't get out the noise makers) or maybe some room service in the evening, say a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, have her do something (like tip the guy) while you slide the ring under the lid yourself. You might get a better and more sincere "thank you" if you were alone!!!

Man, this board can get evil. Reading some of these messages makes a person AFRAID to ask!

To the original poster,

On the cruise we just got off of, there was a family celebrating one member's 80th birthday. Each night at dinner, the head waiter for our section (she was at a different table in our section) presented her with a gift from a different family member. She got all her gifts and was totally delighted with the presentation. It's up to you how you give your wife the ring and I think it's wonderful that you are looking for ideas on how to do. IMO the dining room staff is trustworthy, they have to work their way up to the positions that they have and are not just pulled off the street like in land based resterants.

Archived